11-12

"a ... speed date? what the fuck are we doing here?"

"okay, first of all, it's a 'christmas special' speed date and second of all, it's going to be fun, trust me."

and before the younger could complain more, Taehyung got to the bar and signed the two of them in. now, you might think that Taehyung was absolutely nuts (!) for taking Jungkook to a blind date event, and you are probably right. watching other's flirt with him will be pretty hard on the older but don't you worry! because Taehyung has a plan for everything.

okay, seeing Jungkook laugh at other people's jokes was harder than Taehyung expected. they both sat on fixed seats with 4 other participants while the other people took turns. the younger was sitting on the other side of the room and after only 10 minutes Taehyung gave up. he originally planned to wait longer but the jealousy inside him was taking over. so when they were about to change partners again, the older excused himself and made his way over to the other side of the room.

"sorry this seat is already taken."

and he sat down in front of Jungkook before the other person could. he heard the stranger complain but Taehyung didn't listen. he was busy smiling at a confused Jungkook.

"uhm? what are you doing?"

"taking my turn? they only give you a minute but i think i'm gonna need longer than that."

"Tae that's against the rules."

"oh yeah? show me the rules then."

and then Jungkook chuckled and pointed to the wall to his right. there was a poster with actual rules. shit. Taehyung turned his head back to the younger who had one of his eyebrows raised.

"well, rules are there to be broken anyway."

and then they were just stupidly smiling at each other for what felt like forever. and then it got awkward because they realized that they were stupidly smiling at each other for what felt like forever. Taehyung cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. what was his legendary plan again?

"so ... what does ...this... mean?"

and with every word Jungkook's voice got a bit quieter. and Taehyung would be lying when he said he had no idea what the younger was talking about. but Taehyung was also a mean motherfucker and liked to make it a little hard on Jungkook. don't be mad at him, he was addicted to the younger's embarrassed red ears.

"what do you mean?"

"i - ugh ...i mean you sitting in front of me ... right now ... here."

Taehyung loved every second of this. leaned back in his seat, with a cocky smile on his lips. his knees were touching the younger's under the table.

"well, where are we right now, Jungkookie?"

"uhm at... a speed dating ... christmas special event thing."

"exactly, we're at a speed date. us two. but how bout we go for ... a little less ... speed."

the moment Taehyung leaned forward again, with that smile of his and the adventures glint in his eyes, Jungkook hid his red ears with his hands. and if Taehyung wasn't so focused on the younger's lips, he would've probably missed Jungkook whispering his answer.

"less speed and more dating, huh?"