5-12

Taehyung had no idea what had gotten into him when he told the younger that they would go ice skating this sunday. because ice skating was one of the things he would probably never be really good at, just like how it was with cooking. one can't be good at everything, right?

but he was not sure if Jungkook could be included in that statement. as of right now, the younger was skating over the ice as if he was born for it. with his chin resting on his hand, the older watched him from the fence of the skating rink as he passed by the other visitors at a fast pace. unlike Taehyung, Jungkook was happy when he told him about the skating idea. he hadn't been to the skating arena in years (didn't look like it, but whatever) and couldn't wait to put on his skates.

"don't you want to go in?"

Jungkook stopped right in front of the entrance to the ice, it was already late so the arena was only filled with a few couples on dates instead of the usual noisy kids and school classes.

"i-"

Taehyung sighed once he saw the other's pleading eyes. but as soon as his feet touched the ice, he was already regretting it. he wasn't even skating yet but already lost his balance and had to be held stable by the younger.

"you don't know how to skate?"

Taehyung wanted to punch Jungkook for that stupid (but very cute) smirk that formed on his lips. and it took a lot of self control for him to not shove the younger when he started laughing (which also sounded very cute).

"yes, maybe skating isn't one of my bestes skills but it's a typical winter activity so i thought we had to go at some point, and then you said you haven't been in so long and were so excited and-"

"okay, okay, i got it, i got it. then give me your hands i'll help you."

whether it was Jungkook's hands on his or that stupid, beautiful smile that managed to stop Taehyung's rambling, we'll probably never know. but he fell silent, nodded, and let Jungkook, who was skating backwards, pull him across the ice.

it was exhausting. when taehyung had the idea to go ice skating, he dreamed that a miracle would happen and he'd suddenly be good at it and the whole thing would be totally romantic. but surprise, surprise: no miracle happened (who would have thought). so the moment they came back from their first round, Taehyung rushed to the fence to hold himself up on it.

"you did great. but ... i guess you don't want to skate any longer?"

Taehyung didn't have to say it out loud for Jungkook to know the answer. he had an apologetic smile on his lips and Jungkook nodded kindly. but then he his eyes focused on the floor where his feet were carving little holes in the ice.

"i ... uhm i want to stay a little longer ... if that's okay? you can ... i mean ... you can go home if uhm if you want to ... i guess."

Taehyung stayed. something he had learned early about Jungkook was, that you had to watch and notice him or else he'd get sad and sulky. so the older made sure to watch his every move and to smile proudly when the younger managed to pull off some cool move. the smile came naturally anyway.