Chapter 18

Dian's pov.
Today is Monday. I haven't gone any where past mine and the Hensley's front door since the incident that happened Friday night.

                       ****
When I woke up after sleeping for the second time Saturday afternoon, I went down to the kitchen after taking a long hot bath only to find Clara, Jayden, Tyler and Angela sitting in the kitchen.

The moment Angela saw me, she rushed over and gave me a big hug. I've only known her for a week now but I feel close to her. Like I've known her for long.
And I have to say I needed that hug. A motherly hug, a mothers affection. Even if she's not my mom. I just felt at ease.

She took me to the dining table where all the others were and served me some food.
I was so glad no one brought up the topic of Friday night. I could tell by Tyler's face that he had many questions. Alot of things to say but he kept it in.

Jayden did a very good job of getting my mind a little bit off that.
He thought talking about Tyler's childhood telling us the most embarrassing things that happened to him was a great idea. And yes it was.

We talked some more until it was time for Jayden and Clara to go home. Angela and Tyler stayed behind.
I knew she wanted me to talk about what happened.

"Tyler dear, do you mind giving me sometime alone with Dian." Angela said.

Tyler looked resistant at first. I looked at him and his eyes were on me. But he left.

"I don't want to talk about it" was the first thing that left my mouth.

"I know dear, but you have to. That's the only way you will feel okay. You have to get it off your chest darling. It'll be easy when you are giving a statement at the police when you try now."

"Statement, what statement"
I really didn't think all this was going to be Police involved. I know Clyde wanted to take advantage of me but police, jail. I think that's alot.

"Yes, after Tyler got you the police came after and got Clyde and the boy he was with in the room. You need to give a statement so that whatever punishment he receives, he deserves."

"I don't want to give a statement."

"What? Why not. That boy needs to be punished for what he did to you. What if it was not the first time he tried it on any other girl. What if there are other girls who cannot speak up."

"I know Angela, but I can't give a statement. I don't want him to go to jail. I know what he did was wrong. It wasn't right at all in any sense. But I think jail is alot. He's just a teenager like I am. We all make mistakes."

"We all make mistakes Dian but his mistake is not one to be taken lightly dear. Not at all"

"Please Angela, try to understand. I don't want to put anyone in jail. He can be given any other punishment. But can he not go to prison."

She looked at me and nodded her head.

"I don't think there are still people left in the world like you"

"What do you mean?"

"That young man tried to rape you but you can still forgive him very easily."

I giggled a little.

"I just don't want to be the cause of someone's misery you know. He did me wrong. Forgiving is easy but forgetting is a harder fight.
I've forgiven him but I don't think I'll forget any time soon."