Chapter 6

Dian's pov

Linda tells me that her battery is dying so she's going to charge for another episode of night calls with Dian.
That's what she calls them now.

I see Tyler getting out of the while holding his phone.

"What do you want Samantha, I told you am grounded and I can't leave" he says to the person on the other call. Who is apparently Samantha.
Who is this Samantha? Girlfriend? But why would he talk to her like that. And lie to her. I don't think his grounded. He just decided not to go his friend's house. I think.

"I don't care, my dog is also sick"

Dog? where is the dog his talking about. I haven't seen any dog yet.
Now it really looks like he doesn't want to see  Samantha but she can't get the memo.
He even has to lie about a dog.

He then just hugs up on the call.
He is about to go inside that's when he spots me staring at him.
Oh boy, I quickly pretend to press my phone.
But then I notice him walking over.

"Hey, why were you listening to me while I was on my call. That's eavesdropping and it's not good"

This guy isn't serious at all. I didn't even want to hear his call. He just walked out here and begun talking for everyone to hear.

"Excuse me? I didn't want to listen to your stupid little call. You came out here and begun talking loudly. Why would I want to hear you lie your little girlfriend Samantha that you have a sick dog"

"I don't care, just mind your own business next time."

"Ppfff I was minding my own business till you walked up to me and begun shouting at me"

"Okay then, maybe next time cover your big ears when someone is having a call"

And with that I stand up. And walk closer to him. I don't notice how so tall  he is until am near him. Of course he must be tall he plays basketball. Am the short one here. The last time I measured my height I was 4'11. And that last month was during gym class at my old school.

"Excuse me mister Tyler or whatever your name is. I don't have big ears.
Just don't call me names because you have a big mouth and an irritatingly loud annoying voice."

I then get my phone from the seat and walk away.
As am entering the house I almost trip at the steps outside.
Gosh this so embarrassing. I look back and Tyler looks like his going to bust.
Am almost telling him to shut his mouth and not dare laugh.
But he is laughing already. He walks over still dying of laughter.

" You're such a clumsy tiny girl" he says in between his stupid laughs.

"First you wanted to break my leg at the store, now you want to break your own. "He adds. Still laughing.

"Sorry tiny girl"
He says while tapping on my head.

I brush off his hand from my head.

"My name is not tiny girl, my name is Dian. And the store incident was a mistake. I mean, I didn't even see you como Infront of me. Why didn't you also look behind to see if there was someone. And to make it clear, I didn't see this step there. It's now kinda dark so I didn't see it"

It's not even that dark. It's just 5pm. Am just trying to cover up my clumsiness.

"It's okay tiny, everyone trips sometimes. But in this case it's going to be your new thing"

And with that, he goes back into the house.
Foolish boy, how is it going to be my new thing, I rarely trip at things. That am sure of.
Forget it, he's just being an idiot.
I get into the house and I find all the guys in the sitting room.

"Oh, Dian there you are we were just saying goodbye I think it's time to go home you have school tomorrow" dad says.

"Yes, your right. Thanks again for calling us over for lunch, we had a great time Angela" I say with a big smile.

"Again dear, it's nothing. It's fun getting to know new people"

We all exchange our goodbyes. Chelsey feels bad going but I remind her she's going to the same school as Tiffany, they'll see each other alot.
Am glad Tyler is not here. Even if he was, I wouldn't have said even a goodnight to him.

"Goodnight Angela" I say as I step out of the house.

"Goodnight"

***

I wake up at the ringing noise of my alarm.
Yes, time for school.
I get out of bed head to my bathroom and freshen up.
I decide to wear a black sweatshirt because I don't want to carry a sweater and it looks a little bit cold outside and some jeans. I wear my hair down. I don't really wear makeup so I settle with a little mascara and lip balm and that's all for me.
I get my bag, phone and house keys and head out. It is only 7am and school doesn't start until 8am. But am going early. It's my first day and I don't want to be disorganization.
I get an apple from the fruit basket and a bottle of orange juice. I say goodbye to dad and head off.

Dad said I could use his car for today since mine wasn't going to be brought from Arizona until later today.
He said a car from work was going to pick him up and Chelsey was getting picked up by the school bus.

I use the GPS to find my way to school. And it's not that far. It's almost like a 20 minute drive.
I park my car near some other car. I notice there aren't many cars yet.
Yes because it's 7:25am on a Monday.
I need to find the office to get my schedule. But where is it?
I see a girl and I walk quickly to her.

"Hi, good morning my name is Dian and am new here. Could you please show me where the office is. I need to get my schedule.

"Hey, and good morning to you. The office is just at the far end of this hallway. First door you see. And my name is Clara by the way" she says and gives me her hand to shake.

I almost use the wrong hand to shake and that makes us laugh.

" Thanks alot Clara"

"You're welcome, I hope to see you around. Bye"

She continues to where she was going and I go to the office.
I find a lady. She looks to be like in her fifties. I think she's the secretary.

"Good morning ma'am"

She looks up from her computer.

"Good morning dear, how may I help you" she says with a smile.

"Am new here and I had come to get my schedule"

"Oh, full name please"

"Am Dian Logan"

She types something on her computer.

"Here it is"
She prints it out for me and hands it to me.

"And you are welcome to Westview high school dear."

"Thanks alot ma'am. Have a nice day"

I walk out of the office. I check on my schedule and I have Maths first.
Wonderful, what a way to start your Monday. I sarcastically say to myself.
I also find my locker number on the paper. And it's at hall B locker number 374. The password is 2828.

When I reach the hall. I see people already filling in. I go to my locker quickly and put away the books I don't need and get the ones I need.
The bell rings. I check for the time and it's 7:55am. I guess that's the warning bell.
That's my cue to find my class.