Foreword

A senior with a seemingly tough exterior, all Cha Jang Mi wants to do now is finish senior year and keep up the reputation she has worked long and hard to maintain. Rich, but not boastful, alone, but not lonely, she has the perfect balance of self. She holds different positions that command a respect that is unmatched: martial artist, a writer for the school's media club, advisor to the school design team, as well as the daughter of the Head Psychologist in school. Her unofficial status as the school's law enforcer is a task that both burdens and empowers her, and no one can win in a battle of wits or fists. This year is all about finishing school so she can apply for a university and get out of there as soon as possible.

Living in her own bachelor's pod, depending on no one but herself, that is who she has become. The bitter past of being a wild child of a wealthy businessman all changed when her parents divorced. For the past four years Jang Mi has grown up to distrust people, and she has given her heart to no one. Attending the prestigious private Gang-do Academy, she has learned that where there is money, there is the devil and his tricks, and as such, she is a sort of machine, a person who is always formal no matter how kind you appear to be. For Jang Mi, it is a form of survival, a way to live without being controlled or taken advantaged of by the richest of the rich.

The arrival of half of SM Entertainment's newest boy band at her school changes the normal routine in Gang-do Academy. She finds that she cannot completely ignore the fact that she is now sharing the hallways with these idols, with their entourage of fans spilling into any space available. It's not that she dislikes them, it's more of an annoyance to not be able to get anywhere because of a random human jam. Most of the teachers don't seem to mind, and so far she hasn't crossed any one of them. Yet. But fate would decide to do something about that. Soon Jang Mi would learn that these idols are just like all the other students: fun-loving, clumsy, and normal. It helps that one of them knows who she is.

Another appearance, this time of a newly transferred student, sends her into a state of anxiety. Like a nightmare that surfaces from her past, he is one of the reasons she is who she is. They share a secret everyone knows but no one speaks of anymore, but it's about to be revealed yet again. And having EXO as witnesses may not be a good thing, especially when they begin to exchange more than just glances and curt greetings to each other.

And who is this boy who's been appearing in her dreams? Why does his name escape from her lips easily when she doesn't even know who he is?

Rated NC-16 for coarse language, violence, sexual tension, extreme sarcasm. You have been warned.