Labor

Disclaimer: I made a lot of mistakes with the labor/c-section scene. I do not know much about pregnancy, and my mom doesn't remember much about hers. So I am apologizing in advance for the mistakes you will read.

When they reached at the VIP room for Ender, wheeling him in, Ender thought about how the room reminded him of a suite but the hospital version of it.

Stopping the wheelchair at the bed, Nevan and Ender's father helped him stand while his mother pulled the cover back on the bed.

He laid down, still taking deep breaths as the pain continued to course through him. Each contraction made it difficult for Ender to keep the pain off his face and from crying out.

A nurse came over with a hospital gown as another one began to move the wheelchair out. "Here, he needs to change into this." The nurse handed the gown to Ender's mother.

"Once he changes, we are going to get him ready for the c-section. He can choose one person to stay in the room with him when we start. Everyone else has to wait outside until the babies are here." The doctor continued.

Ender barely paid attention to the doctor while his parents and Nevan nodded their heads. The doctor and the remaining nurse walked out, closing the door behind them.

"Honey, we need to change you out of those clothes and into this." His mother put the gown in front of him.

Ender's face laid stuck in a frown as he looked at the hospital gown; he did not want to move nor get up. "Mom, I don't want to be rude, but I don't want to change or even move at this point."

His mother shook her head before grabbing onto his shirt, pulling it up. Ender held his shirt down, "Mom!"

"En, do you want to get this over with or sit in pain?"

Ender didn't say anything, his face was a mix of a frown and pout before he started pulling off his shirt. He moved towards his pants, groaning as he began to pull them off, but stopped and looked at everyone staring at him.

"Can I get some privacy at least?"

"I have already seen you naked more than once." Nevan shrugged. He leaned on the wall near the bed.

"We are your parents." His mother and father simultaneously spoke.

Ender sighed, rolling his eyes at them. He grabbed the gown from his mother, putting it on. Then he took his pants and underwear, which were still a bit wet, off.

He was going to throw them on the ground, but his mother grabbed them and his forgotten shirt, putting the dirty pajamas on one of the chairs.

Ender went back to relax as much as he could, breathing in and out. Nevan grabbed his hand telling him to breathe in and  out, causing Ender to squeeze it into a bruising grip.

Ender nodded his head as he continued to squeeze Nevan's hand with all his strength. Nevan wanted to pull his hand away cause it hurts, but he stayed, dealing with the pain.

His parents walked out of the room, at the same time, the doctor and nurses came back in. Once the parents left, they closed the door behind them.

One of the nurses gave Nevan gloves, a mask, and some scrubs to change. Ender had to let go of his hand so Nevan could change in the bathroom.

The doctor pulled out a needle that looked about three and a half inches long. Ender wanted to cry at that point.

"We are going to turn you on your side and give you an epidural to numb the lower half of your body." The doctor explained.