*Filler: Lunch Break

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Y-You dunce! Dolt!"

"Ah! Have mercy!"

However, she suddenly stopped as she examined me before grabbing the sides of my face to lift it up. Now looking at me more closely, she sighed out with a somewhat annoyed tone to a semi-concerned one as I cocked an eyebrow.

"Again...?"

Ah. Right. Getting hurt is a now go. Especially given how I'm technically still under "recovery." Yeah, bruised long, fractured ribs, minor concussion near the end of that fight with Caldwell, plenty of scratches and way too many bruises. Yet, I've been feeling pretty good as of late! Wrapping my arms around Weiss and pulling her in, she went to object but, stopped with a somewhat scowl but very much prominent blush.

"You know me, Ice Queen. Can't keep me from getting hurt and near death experienced only to be saved by a forty-tonne death machine. Who is about as gentle as a mother crocodile."

"Which is surprisingly gentle."

With a nod and giggle from the both of us, Weiss would lean in to kiss my forehead as I let her. Letting her go, she soon sat down next to me and grabbed the bento box before popping the lid off to reveal breaded chicken, rice, some diced yams, a bit of salad with diced carrots. Next to that? Some simple sushi rolls with salmon. I know I said simple but to Weiss? This is as simple as it gets.

"We have a saying back home for this. Umai!"

"Oh~ Is that something fancy like me-?"

"It means delicious."

"Oh..."

Snickering out after bursting Weiss's bubble, she'd reach to the side of the box and pull off a long rectangular packet that was the length of the box itself. Reaching into the now red and gold packet, she pulled out a set of chopsticks that she then pulled apart. A nice snapping ringing out as the bamboo chopsticks got separated pretty symmetrically. Then it hit me...

"Wait...Where's mine?"

"Huh? Oh don't tell me you don't want to share with your girlfriend!"

"No-I mean I do but-I-You set this trap up!"

"And you fell right into it~ Now say ahhh~"

Growling out as I felt my face heat up, Weiss would just laugh as she then grabbed one of the pieces of breaded chicken with the chopsticks. Holding it up to me, she wore a soft warm smile as I felt my face heat up. Not because I was embarrassed or anything, okay maybe a little but, it was mainly due to the fact of how she was feeding me. Regardless of my embarrassment or not, I opened my mouth up as sue then place the chicken in before I shut it.

Chewing it as she pulled it out, she gave me a toothy smile that made my heart beat increase as I watched her then take a piece. And watching the subtle perk up of her face made me smile as she tasted how tasty this was. Not to sound cheesy but, it tasted a lot better sharing it with the gal I love.

And we did this in silence until we were finished with the box. We didn't speak because we didn't want to but, because the silent contentment was nice for both of us. Especially given how I chased down a culprit not to long ago and she was in classes listening to Port's lectures. Which I have tried to explain the actual meaning but, this usually led to me being hit by a flying pillow sent by one of the girls. Hell, even in lunch at Beacon a pillow would find its mark.

As for the bento box? I thought it was going to be a bit much but, between it actually being lighter than I thought and the fact I shared it with Weiss? It actually led to me feeling rejuvenated and happy in the stomach as we now sat on the bench with my arm draped over the back. Weiss clinging to my side as an added bonus.

"This...is the life."

"Mm-hm~ And all because you made it possible~"

Looking at me, we were about to share a kiss when a pair of hands slid over my face as I yelped out. Even jumping lightly as I felt Weiss jump to before beginning to giggle. Her giggles weren't alone as I now heard a younger set of them accompanying hers. And as if that wasn't enough, then there were two sets of older giggles too!

"Guess who~!"

That voice...I instantly calmed down as I hummed in pondering.

"Hm...Is that Headmaster Ozpin? Professor, we've talked about kosher before."

I knew this joke was going to fly over her head yet, for Weiss? It actually caused her to laugh out loud as I felt the hands loosen up enough to turn around. Being met with the little girl I had saved before during the Breach. Seeing me, she gained a bright smile as I then was met with her parents again with thankful bright smiles. Looking back at the girl, she had a different get up because she probably had time to dress properly. She had light blue jeans on with that same (F/C) colored hoodie along with a nice pair of white sneakers. And let's not forget my-HER badge right above her heart.

"Hello, Mister Pilot!"

"Heya, Hero. So, saves any lives?"

"No. But I'll keep looking!"

"Don't look for them. They'll need help when they need it. Until then? You wear that little badge with pride and a reminder that people aren't alone in this world. I know I'm not."

My hand would pat the little girl's head as she instantly soaked it in and, as if I was transferring my knowledge via touch, she would nod very much understanding what I meant. However, I soon said the last part lightly as I turned to meet Weiss with a surprised look yet, one that turned into a soft smile.

"I will, Mister Pilot! And who is that?"

"Hm? This? Well, she's my girlfriend. Meet Weiss Shuh-nee."

Gesturing towards Weiss, the girl was really invested in her as if she was looking at her second idol. However, I soon ruined the moment when I said "Shuh-nee" the way Port pronounces it. Making the little gal laugh out as Weiss glared at me. Yet I wasn't expecting the girl to turn to Weiss with a big smile and innocently say-

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Weiss Shuh-nee!"

This made me spit out air to the side as I snorted out trying to control my laughter as Weiss smiled plainly. Yet I could feel the coldness directed right at me.

"I-It is a pleasure to meet you too!"

"Okay. Let's leave them alone, now. Besides, you wanted to pass the bakery before going home."

"Oh! Right! Bye, Miss Weiss! Bye, Mister, Pilot!"

With exchanged byes and waves, we would watch the family leave as Weiss was now punching my arm discreetly as I tried to not show it hurt. When they were gone, Weiss would stop with a small "hmph" and pop of her chest as I rubbed the spot she hit furiously. However, I didn't expect her to soon grab my face and bring me into a nice kiss that took me by surprise to the point I couldn't kiss back.

She'd soon pull away before laying against my side like she had done after we had finished eating. Now with my senses awake, I'd soon chuckle and wrap my arms around her. With her doing the same, everything was blissful...

"I never took you for the type to be good with kids..."

"I may have lost my childhood...But that doesn't mean others have to lose theirs. Children like her fuel me. Push me to not drop the Pilot I'm facing but, to stop the IMC and others from harming their innocence with war."

"Heh...you'd be a great dad."

"Yeah-Wait what-?"

Before I could question Weiss on what she meant, and I could see her face widen as it turned a deep red to the point I could feel heat, there was a set of nearby Police sirens. Sirens that was accompanied by small arms gunfire as I growled out. Hopping out of Weiss's arms and the bench, I shot my hand out alongside my grappling hook before launching forward with an added boost. Swinging high up into the air as my Lunch Break had just ended...

"STOP BREAKING THE LAW, ASSHOLE!"