chapter 39 | ring

Start from the beginning

I didn't ask because I didn't want his mood to be ruined. He was happy. "What was the for?" Chase asked.

"Just felt like it." I shrugged.

I put my hand over him, my fingertips playing with his rings on his tattooed hand as I pulled out my phone and looked at my emails.

I replied to my emails as I looked at the future projects my company will be doing. I already had many more projects planned and ideas of how to expand my company more further. I wanted my company to achieve anything and everything it possibly can.

Chase interlocked my hand with him as he rubbed the back of my hand in a soft circular motion with his thumb. He was clenching onto my hand tightly almost like having a battle within himself. I put my phone away and used my other hand to softly massage his hand.

"When did you get all these tattoos?" I asked, trying to distract him.

"Shortly after high school."

"It's must of hurt... a lot." I looked at the detail of every tattoo he had on his tan hand. His veins flexed because of the tight hold on my hand.

"Sure."

"Why?"

"I wanted to."

"Care to elaborate?" I questioned.

"I wanted to forget about the pain I caused you by putting myself through any pain I possibly could." He explained. "But I know the pain of a needle could never match the pain you went through."

"And what about your pain?" I softly mumbled.

"I deserve it."

"No, you don't." I looked away to stop my tears from forming. "Nobody does."

Expect some motherfuckers, but that's a different topic.

"I do," He argued. "I do deserve it."

"You will soon realize how much you don't deserve this pain but rather happiness," I claimed.

"With you around me, that's more than happiness."

"If that's the case, I shall stay by your side," I promised.

Forever. I wanted to add.

A faint smile came back on his face and I could faintly see the dimples that made the fireflies erupt immediately. "No going back now."

"I wouldn't want to go back anyway," I reassured.

"Fuck, Firefly." He looked away and I knew he was trying to hide his face that had gotten all red.

Did I just make him blush? You bet your ass I did.

I decided to test my luck further, "How'd the fireflies feel?"

"Shut up." He shook his head as he ran a hand through his dark locks.

I laughed, "Now you see what you do to me."