Reunion (End of Episode 6)

Start from the beginning

          Footsteps from down below dragged my attention downwards, and I watched as the girl enforcer came running up from behind. And once Jinx spotted her, she pulled away from Vi and pointed her machine gun right at her, "Who's she?"

           "Who are you?" the enforcer shot back.

            "It's okay. She's a friend," Vi said as she held her hands out to the two.

            "Sevika wasn't lying? You're with an enforcer?" Jinx cried while turning the gun on her own sister. My eyes caught hold of the Hextech crystal at her feet, just now realizing she had dropped it.

            "Your sister is Jinx?" the enforcer gasped.

          "Caitlyn, just listen, we can work this out," Vi said while turning towards the girl.

          "This is a trick. You're playing me!" Jinx cried before her eyes lit up and the machine gun turned on. "Shut up! I'm in no mood!"

          "We didn't say anything," the enforcer, Caitlyn, said as the two stared at her in wonder.

          "I wasn't talking to you," Jinx growled while turning the gun back towards her.

          "Powder, it's okay," Vi whispered while getting between her and the gun.

         "Stop calling me that," Jinx hissed as Whiskers squeaked before running behind me.

          "Hey!" I whispered, fear trickling down my spine as I watched her jump and disappear from view. "You crazy rodent."

          "It's Jinx now. Powder fell down a well," Jinx continued on as I looked back down at them.

          "You're not a jinx. God, I never should have--" Vi began saying while stepping towards her but Jinx cut her off.

          "Stop talking to me like I'm a child!" she cried while holding the gun at her throat and stopping her in place. "Was that why you came? For this stupid stone?"

           Vi stole a glance down at it before looking back at her sister, "No, I don't even know what that is, I--"

          "You're a class act, Sister. Sister. Thought I missed her. Bet you wouldn't miss her."

          "Powder!" Vi cried as her sister began firing up the gun. "I'm here for you. Only you!"

         She pushed the barrel away from her face, stepping towards Jinx as her eyes stayed glued on her.

          "You can fire that thing all you want, but I'm not going anywhere! I'm not going to abandon you again."

          Vi reached out, gently touching Jinx's arm. Jinx looked down at her hand before looking up at her.

          And then she turned away while grabbing her head, "Everyone, shut up, I need to think!"

          My head twitched, my ears picking something up from the tunnels behind.

          "Do you hear that?" Jinx gasped, pointing her gun up. Everyone looked up including me, listening to the electronic humming coming from the tunnels above. And then realization hit  me--Firelights. I ducked my head as the Firelight leader came out on his hoverboard, Jinx immediately firing at him. More came rushing out and flying around us as I swept my feet out and dropped to the ground, landing beside Caitlyn as her eyes stayed trained on the blue crystal. But then she looked over at me as I did her, both of us staying frozen while looking at one another. The two sisters were back to back fighting one another, too busy to pay attention to us. Including the blue crystal that was kicked and beginning to roll towards the edge. Caitlyn and I both looked forward at the crystal at the same time, our eyes widening before we locked eyes. And then she ran forward first with me trailing behind her. It looked as though Caitlyn was going to get to it first, getting down on her stomach as it nearly hit the edge. But then Whiskers came rushing in, snatching it and rolling out of the way of Caitlyn's hand.

          Whiskers ran up my shoulder before dropping it in my real hand, and I smiled at her as Caitlyn turned towards me while standing up. I opened my mouth to tell her that it was okay before she went to punch me, and I had to duck out of the way.

         "Wait--!" I began saying as she cried out, swiping for the crystal. I pulled it out of reach before--slapping her across the face. "Oh, shit! I--I'm sorry, it's instinct, I swear."

          Caitlyn's lips turned back in a sneer as I cringed, backing away from her as she went to kick me. I hit her ankle away before twisting through the air and hitting my heel against her jaw, knocking her back into the ground.

          "Oh, God, I'm sorry! You just--you keep going and I can't help it!" I shouted with a little stomp of my foot like a child and a throw of my arms. And then someone came up from the side, nailing her foot under my chin and knocking me to the ground. My grip loosened on the crystal, and I felt it get plucked out of my hand by the Firelight that had knocked me down. And then her beaked mask turned back to me as I coughed, slowly opening my eyes to see her reel back her fist and knock me out.