11 | family

The next morning had surely been eventful

The next morning had surely been eventful. Jeremy spent the night with Elena and was finally making some progress with her. Elijah and Klaus had been keeping an eye on the Salvatore brothers while Kol and Rebekah helped Bonnie and Caroline protect Bonnie's mother. Jared, Ryder, Hannah and Ares had arrived that morning and Stevie had tried her best to explain it all to them, without them going crazy.

"Why didn't you call us sooner?" Ryder spoke with narrowed eyes. Stevie had always been like a sister to him, he was the one that had found her when her Coven had abandoned her. She was like family to him, and knowing that she was going through so much, made him angry because he wasn't there to protect her.

Hannah sighed, "Oh hunny. Why didn't you say anything? We talk almost every single say. We could have helped you if we had known what was going on." She had always been close to Stevie. The young witch helping her through her transformations every month and staying with her so she didn't hurt herself or others. The two always helped each other with control and were able to bitch about anything without judgment.

"So, who do I get to kill?" Ares grinned. He had always enjoyed the kill, especially when someone would try and hurt his family. He was not about to let anyone get away with hurting Stevie, she was his best friend after all and always saw the good in him, even if he didn't want her to.

Stevie rolled her eyes, "You're not killing anyone. Actually maybe just one person." She wanted nothing more than to get rid of Mama Mikaelson. The witch had been getting on her nerves, especially considering what she was doing could hurt someone she really cared about.

"Leave her to me." Ares smirked.

"You won't be the only one to kill her." Jared growled. The group of misfits had always been like his children and when he found out someone was trying to hurt Stevie and her mate, he was livid. No one hurt his babies, especially a witch that thought she was better than everyone.

"Please, if anyone is going to kill her, it's going to be me."

"We could always take turns?"

"How is she?"

Jeremy smiled softly, "Better. It took a while for her to think it all over but when she did, she realised what she had been doing and how bad the influence of the Salvatore's was. She's taking responsibility for what she has done, which I never thought she would but I'm glad she did. I was so scared, by the time she had calmed down, she was pulling out her hair and screaming in pain. I've never seen her like that but I'm glad it's finally over." He loved his sister but after everything they had been through, he didn't have much hope for her coming back. Was he glad that she understood what she had done? Sure. Was he glad that the Salvatore's couldn't influence her anymore? Definitely. But how long was it going to last? How long was he going to have his sister back before she did something reckless again and tried would try to kill someone?

Stevie nodded, "I'm glad she's doing better and I'm sorry you had to see her like that. I don't like seeing you upset but you know no one else was going to get through to her. I love you, Jeremy and the last thing I want is for you to get hurt, especially by your own sister." It wasn't fair that he had to deal with this. He should be finishing High School, getting ready to travel the world and not dealing with his psychotic sister.

Jeremy blushed, "I love you too. I know you wouldn't let anything happen to me but I needed to do this. Whether I like it or not, Elena is still my sister and I had to at least try. I don't know if our relationship will ever go back to the way it was, but I couldn't walk away from our relationship without doing everything I can to save her from herself. I just hate seeing her like that." He laid down on the sofa, contemplating how they got here. Why did this have to happen to them?

Stevie laid on top of him, moving her face so she was looking straight at him, "You are a kind soul, Jeremy. When we first met, I promised you that I would do everything I could to protect you and I meant this, I will always mean it. I know you care about your sister but I don't want you to lose yourself in the process. If you want a relationship with her, fine but you can't be doing all the work, she needs to put in some effort too. I know she says she's changed and that she's not going back to the Salvatore's but she needs to prove it because I refuse to let her hurt you." She has and will always protect Jeremy. His joy, interests and safety will always come first, no one was going to get in the way of that, especially not his sister.

"I know but she's my only family and I'm not ready to lose that. If I walk away, I want to know I have done everything to salvage this relationship. I don't want to lose her and I really hope she's going to change." Jeremy sighed before pressing his head into her neck, taking in her scent. He knew Elena was misguided and lost but she was his sister and he would do everything to make sure she was okay. He knew no matter what happened, he would have Stevie but Elena was his blood and he was going to try his damn hardest to save her.

"I know but I don't want anything to happen to you. I love you."

"I love you too. I promise I will always come back to you."