9 | enough

"Took you long enough to call

"Took you long enough to call."

Stevie knew that things were slowly getting out of hand with the Salvatore's and Elena being on a suicide mission, trying to kill the Mikaelson's despite being told of the consequences. Hence why she had called for back up.

"I'm sorry. I know I should have called sooner, I just got caught up in everything that's been going on here." Stevie sighed.

Jared scoffed, "That's an understatement. I've been told you've found your soulmate? How could you not tell me?" Stevie had always been like a daughter to him and he absolutely adored her as she did him but he let her go to find her soulmate. He had not expected her to find her soulmate and then not call him.

"I'm sorry. I know I should have called but like I said, I got caught up in things. A lot has happened since the last time I saw you and I know it's a bit selfish to be calling when I needed you but I could really use you guys' help." Stevie spoke with a frown. She had always fought her own battles but she was worried that there would be casualties, not that she didn't mind killing the Salvatore's or even Elena for that matter, she just didn't want innocent people to get caught in the crossfire.

"How bad?"

Stevie exhaled, "Bad enough. I just found my soulmate, I can't lose him. As much as I care about the Mikaelson's, I know they can protect themselves but Jeremy is still human. The last thing I want is for him to get caught in the crossfire. Elena and the Salvatore's are so hellbent on killing the Mikaelson's, that they don't care what happens to anyone else. Ares is a vampire and I will not lose a brother because of their personal vendetta. I could use all the help I can get."

"You idjit. You should have told me told me it was so bad, we would have been there soon. I'll call them and we'll be there as soon as possible. You should have said something sooner." Jared chastised.

Stevie pouted, "I'm sorry."

"You're lucky I love you, Kiddo."

"That I am, old man."

"What are you doing here?"

Stevie pulled up to the Gilbert House knowing the brothers were away and Elena was home with Alaric. She had managed to knock him out when he opened the door before walking into the living room to find Elena standing there. it was easy to see the young woman was scared but Stevie had a message to get across.

"I'm here to warn you." Stevie spoke.

Elena took a step back in fear, "What are you talking about?" She was not a good liar at all.

Stevie scoffed, "Sit down." Elena did as asked quickly before Stevie sat down herself and continued, "I'm going to make myself very clear. I don't care of you hate the Mikaelson's, they are my family. I also have family that are vampires. I will not let you hurt anyone that I care about. If I have to kill you, I will. Nothing is going to stop me from protecting the people I care about." She made sure Elena understood her threat. She did not take the lives of her family lightly at all, if she had to kill a human to protect them, she would.

"You can't do that. The Mikaelson's deserve to die." Elena cried in frustration.

Stevie shook her head at the girl, "Grow up, Elena. The world does not revolve around you. If you try and kill the Mikaelson's, I will kill you myself. You are so angry that things are out of your control that you are lashing out. You are willing to hurt the people you care about because you're scared they will leave you. Stop acting like a child and understand that you are just hurting the people you care about." She wanted nothing more than to knock some sense into Elena but clearly she just didn't understand the consequences of her actions.

"No. They took away everyone I love." Elena glared at her.

Stevie sighed, "If you want to be angry at Klaus for killing your aunt, so be it but remember that wouldn't have happened if you hadn't gotten in the way of his plan. He had another vampire that would die in her place but because you had to get involved, you and the Salvatore's made a mistake that cost you someone you love. You've lost Jeremy, Bonnie and Caroline because you chose vengeance. I mean, how's Bonnie going to feel when she finds out you involved her mum?"

Elena's eyes widened in shock, "How did you know?" She did not want to admit that everything Stevie was saying was right. It was her fault that everyone she loved and cared about had walked away from her in her quest for revenge.

"I guess you and the Salvatore's underestimate just how well I know you."