Secrets ||Part.1||

-Shakayla POV-
Tyrone: Kayla, wake up!
Me: I am!
Tyrone: Remember what I said about your attitude.
Me: Yeah I know, I'm still young, I'll regret it one day, blah blah blah.....
Tyrone: You best be on your best behaviour today, I'm taking you to my cousins again.
Me: Surprise Surprise....why?
Tyrone: I've got to work, now get dressed.
Me: They're so annoying. All the time doing makeovers. I'm not even allowed make-up!
Tyrone: Whatever Shakayla, just get dressed.
*I picked out my white vest and dungarees to wear. I made way to the bathroom but it's still occupied by Ty. He takes forever but I'm used to it now. I sit against the wall, quickly loosing my patience. I finally hear the doors click and rush to get into the bathroom.*
Tyrone: Hurry up!
Me: Shut up....
*I remove my dressing gown and step into the shower. I start singing and lose track of time. I'm brought back to reality when Tyrone bangs on the door.*
Tyrone: I don't want to tell you again. Hurry up!
*I step out and dry myself, then brush my teeth. I apply cream to my brown, even skin, before getting dressed! I'm just heading for the door, then hear Ty's phone vibrating. I look to see who is calling and it says bae! Guessing its Taya.*
{Answer}
***: Hello
Me: Hello?
*The voice is unrecognisable and I start to think all kind of thngs but I hope its just all stupidity. *
Me: Who's this?
***: Mya
*Her soft voice makes me want to vent everything out to her after reaching through the phone and slapping her across the face. But I play along just incase I jump to conclusions. She sounds like a hoe but I try to make myself sound young and cute.*
Me: Hi Mya...
Mya: Hi who is this?
Me: Shakayla, Tyrones girlfriends sister.
Mya: Oh you!
Me: Sorry?
Mya: I've heard a lot about you.
Me: I'm sure you have, how do you know Ty!
*I know what she meant by 'oh you'. I ain't no fool. She clears her throat to respond, but probably so she has more time to think of a lie.*
Mya: Well, I'm his friend.
Me: Really, I've never seen or heard of you before.
{In the background}
Tyrone: Shakayla, give me my phone.
Mya: Can I speak to Ty please.
*She continues her innocent act.*
Me: I asked a question.
Mya: I don't know why, ask him. Can I talk to him now?
*I unlock the door, and look up to Ty with a evil look shown in my eyes.*
Me: You best watch yourself Missy!
*I hand the phone over to Ty he walks away before making convo. He knows I know something.*
Me: I'll find out!
-Shataya POV-
Me: Good morning boo!
Dominiquè: Hey babe. You were really good yesterday.
Me: Erm, thanks! You were pretty good yourself.
Dominiquè: So, what we gonna do today?
Me: I don't know. Maybe we should go out for dinner.
Dominiquè: Cool, but it can't be in this area.
Me: Why?
*I sit my pregnant ass onto his muscular thighs and wrap my arms around his neck.*
Dominiquè: Too many people that we know here. Maybe we should go on a little holiday
Me: Nah...I've got an appointment soon with the school and Doctors.
Dominiquè: Oh, I'll come with you.
Me: You can only come to the School one.
Dominiquè: OK
Me: It's tommorow by the way.
Dominiquè: Oh, sh*t, I was meant to go and pick Jamalè up today.
Me: OK, I'm coming.
Dominiquè: You can't, you know what Chantelle is like with visitors at our house.
Me: I don't care, why you so scared of her?
Dominiquè: Her parents.
Me: I'm coming still.
*I get up and rush up the stairs to get ready. I shower, brush my teeth. I look through the wardrobe trying to find clothes that fit me. I throw on a oversized black jumper, denim, blue shorts, knee high black socks and my Jordan's. I walk into the bathroom and put on my gold hoops, and pink Friday perfume. I leave my hair down to air dry and then find a 12missed calls on my phone.*
{12missed calls from Ty}
*I stare at my phone and try to find reasons why be would be calling me. I go downstairs and grab the car keys from the side drawers. I chuck them at Dominiquè for him to catch.*
Me: Let's get going then.
......................................................
*We get to their house and it looks pretty average. The usual polished black door, with arch windows top centre,and two frosted windows beside it. And everything else you'd normally expect from the house.*
Me: Well this is nice.
Dominiquè: I had nothing to do with it, but the payment.
Me: Stop, I'm sure she doesn't hate you as much as you think.
Dominiquè: Well....
*I elbow him and he does the same in return. He puts his arms around my waist.*
Dominiquè: I love you!
Me: I love you too, but be normal.
*I move his hands away and walk to the front door.*
{Knocks on door}
*We stood their and waited. But got no answer.*
{Knocks on door}
*We both here pans hitting against the surface of something. We look at each and laugh at how unrealistic it seems.*
{Opens the door}
Me: Hi.
Chantelle: Hi Shataya. Sorry I was cleaning. Come in! Shoes off and wear these
*I take my shoes off at the mat and she puts these blue and white striped slippers in front of me. I slide them onto my feet then step into the lavender scented house.*
Chantelle: Come in, come in, make yourself comfortable.
*I took my scarf off and rest it upon my arms. I followed after Chantelle as she lead me down the hallway. There was pictures hung up on the walls of all sorts....Her and Dominiquè, their baby, and parents....loads and loads of their parents. We walked into the living room which was designed in pastel colours. Pastel blue sofas, pastel pink walls, and a pastel green light shade on the ceiling.*
Me: Nice house!
*I only said that to be nice. In all honesty, this room made me feel sick. Thank God Ty put neutral and grey colours in the house. There was cleaning products scattered across the floor and Chantelle was organising them back onto the shelves. Then Jamalè had started crying!*
Chantelle: Here we go again!
Me: I'll go get him for you. I followed the voice of Jamalè and found him laying in his pastel blue cot. Pictures of Jamalè's grandparents where hung up everywhere and I didn't see one picture of Dominiquè's parents. Not even a frame on his bedside table. I picked up Jamalè and held him upright in my arms. I looked at him and he went silent. I laid him in my arms and smiled. He held on to my wooly jumper. I strokes his face and his little, pink tounge was peeping through. *
Me: Hello...
*I rocked him and stood there adoring his cute face. Dominiquè walked in and put his arms around me.*
Dominiquè: Just like his dad init!
Me: Dominiquè get your hands off me...Don't forget Chantelle is just next door.
* I walked back to the living room and put Jamalè into his blue bouncy chair. *
Me: His cute you know?
Chantelle: Thanks.
Me: You OK? I heard what happened between you and Dominiquè.
Chantelle: Yeah, I'm fine.
Me: Are you sure?
Chantelle: All is good.
Me: If you need anyone, a shoulder to cry on, I'm there!
Chantelle: Thank you, but its fine. Let's talk about you. How is that little one doing?
Me: Perfect. It was kicking last week. Just so stressed didn't want to make a big deal out of it.
Chantelle: That's good. Shows its developing well. The strength has now KICKED in. D'you get it?
Me: Ermm, yeah!
Chantelle: Excited for you scan.
Me: Yeah I guess.
Chantelle: What do you mean hun? You can sit down by the way.
*I walked over to the not so attractive chair. She went to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of milk with a note attached it saying 'breast milk' on it. I wanted to bring it up as a change of subject but I don't want to know why she but her breast milk into a bottle. She warmed it up and in that time she had, she came and made herself comfortable beside me.*
Me: Well, you see, I've had some issues with Ty and he isn't going to be there. So what is there to look forward too. I mean, I can't really get excited with anyone can I? I bet you had Dominiquè right beside you.
Chantelle: Actually, he decided to go look for someone. He said it was urgent. So I thought to myself, if its more important than the baby, just let him go. And I did. Obviously that certain someone was important but he never found them.
Me: But the whole point is that the baby is more important than anything. And we've been through so much and for him just leave because of work.
Chantelle: Work! Well then his a prick. An idiot. A fool. No offence.
Me: Its cool. I couldnt care less what hurts him. Obviously he doesn't care about me or the baby.
Chantelle: Plenty of women do it alone. Bring your mum along.
Me: Errr...Nah
Chantelle: You'll be fine. I understand what your going through. But at the end of the day, your one team. His out there making his money for you. Missing school for you. He loves you!
Me: I've heard it all. Just waiting for him to prove it. Still waiting!
Chantelle: If I'm gonna be honest with you, I think your putting top much pressure on him.
Me: What! How?
Chantelle: Well before this buisness trip what exactly did he do to you? Even when you done the first scan, I saw that you were kind of frustrated at him. What is it that he did that makes you always mad at his poor ass?
Me: You don't understand!
Chantelle: I really do. I've seen hundreds of parents give each other the same death stare you exchanged with Tyrone and then the next few scans and check ups, they end up telling me it hasn't 'worked out'. Considering I'm close to you, I dont want to see it happen to you. Your strong inside and I know that. You've be through so much with Tyrone and your gonna just throw it away. You can't expect the relationship to fix itself. Your in charge and when you get the effort to do it, mend all the broken pieces, your life will be that little bit easier and you'll love each other more than before. Way more!
*She gets up to go and feed Jamalè. I sit their and slowly put my head in my hand thinking about what Chantelle just said to me. Me being stubborn, its hard to except that she's actually right. Chantelle come and joins me again on the setee with Jamalè in her arms, being fed.*
Chantelle: Its not a nice stage of pregnancy but everyone who has a child has to go through all the struggles of having obstacles thrown in their face to test your relationship. And if you pass, I'm sure you won't lose the chemistry. Dominiquè and I have had every type of problem when Jamalè was on his way. Especially when my parents decided to disown me. Its the worst feeling ever, but I knew that when Dominiquè had been my shoulder to cry on every time I broke down, he was the one. And he was by my side for the majority of it. Even though he went looking for that person, he called me every 5minutes to check I was OK. We fell out because he left when I had a scan too, but in the end, he made up for it. You need to talk to Tyrone and sort things out. I know you've been through twice as much as I have, but your strong and you can get through it. In fact you should call him now.
Me: Thanks, but not now! His at work.
Chantelle: Shataya!
Me: OK
*I take out my phone and dial Ty's number*
{Calling...}
{Voicemail}
{Calling}
Voicemail}
Me: I don't think he wants to know
Chantelle: Try later. And I want to know all the details.
Me: Thanks for everything. I should get going
Chantelle: Where you rushing to? Don't you want some tea, coffee, anything?
Me: I want to go see my grandma.
Chantelle: OK
*Dominiquè comes into the room with a couple of bags on his shoulders. I walk over to him and assist him.*
Me: I'll help you with them.
Chantelle: Why did you come together?
Dominiquè: Errrrr....ermm, well---
Me: He saw me at the bus top and I told him I was on my way here so he gave me a lift.
Dominiquè: Yeah!
Chantelle: Cool. Dominiquè, where did you stay yesterday?
Dominiquè: I was at Devontès.
Chantelle: I wish I knew who that was. Make sure his house is safe. In fact Shataya, I don't think you mind having this idiot at yours for the week. I know your a caring person.
Me: Sure
Chantelle: You didn't even have to think about that.
Me: Its nice to have someone around while Ty's gone. It gets lonely.
Chantelle: Well just make it hard for him. It's not a holiday, it's a punishment!
*We walk to the door and make our exit. As Dominiquè throws the bags into the back, Chantelle kisses Jamalè and hands him over to me.
Chantelle: If anything happens, you have me on speed dial.
Me: We'll be fine.
Chantelle: OK, safe journey. You guys look like a couple.
*Her eyes go wide and me and Dominiquè stare at her in shock.*
{Chantelle laughs}
*Dominiquè and I look at each other and both look back at Chantelle wondering what her minds playing at.*
{Nervously starts laughing}
Chantelle: Can you imagine.
Me: I know...
Chantelle: Bye, I'm going to get ready for work now!
Dominiquè and I: Byee
*Tyrone gets the car going after I strap Jamalè into the car seat and I sit in the back seat and watch over him. I look back and wave goodbye to Chantelle.*
Me: So who is this person that you was looking for Dominiquè? The one that was more important than the baby....
Dominiquè: Good question. It was YOU!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys....thank you for reading and I've finally got 1000reads. I know this chapter was a little boring but it was because of the chapter title 'secrets'. It's all because of the title so yeah! Continue reading and share it with everyone!