◘ Through the Looking Glass Ruins

Start from the beginning

"Illusions are just so... you know..."

A loud growl disturbed their conversation. They both looked down to see one of the same monsters in the boiling mountains. A Slitherbeast. 

A little monster was holding his balloon, right in front of the beast that was running towards it.

Luckily a group of kids were able to trap a beast in hard ground thanks to one of the girl in their group. "Good work, guys!" The girl raised a thumbs up for her teamates.

The crowd around went cheering for them, leaving Gus and Luz stunned from their performance.

"Stay safe out there!" The girl waved back at the little kid as they were all ready to go "Wow! Just wow! Plants. Abomination. Construction. You guys took down that Slitherbeast like it was nothing!" The group swore they saw stars shining in his eyes.

"Nah, it wasn't that easy." The girl smiled cheekily rubbing the back of her head. "Yeah, looked like you had a real hard time out there." One of the boy said shaking her shoulders.

"You're Glandus students, right? I go to Hexside. Name's Gus."

The girl smiles "Nice to meet ya. This is Angmar." She pointed at the plant user "Gavin."

"Hey!" Gavin winked at gus.

"And I'm..."

"Bria!"

A loud shout could be heard a mile away, as a familiar face made its way besides gus who was panting heavily.

"I would've helped, but, like, there was this other baby in danger. You probably couldn't see."

"Mattholomule?" Gus says making the boy turn to him "Augustus? Back off, twerp. This operation is Glandus kids only!"

The girl soft voice chimed in "Hey, Matty, it's all cool. Did you get the map?" Mattholomule grabbed a map from inside his clothes "Yes! And I only had to endure 35 noogies from my older brother."

He hands it to Bria as they all looked at the map with satisfaction. "Nice work." Bria says.

"Well, uh, I can see you guys are busy, so..." When Gus was about to go Bria called out for him "Wait! Have you ever heard of the Galderstones?" She turned the map so Gus could see.

Gavin spoke up "They're powerful relics. Many witches and demons have sought them." 

But they've all returned empty-handed, haunted by its guardian. Until us!" Angmar says "We heard some coven scouts talking about them, but it'll be rough going. You said you are a Hexside student, right? We could use the extra strength." Bria smiled.

"That sounds awesome, but I-I can't. I promised a friend I'd help her with something today." That was until Luz appeared in between them all. She was holding a glyph in her hand as she was breather heavily from not breathing.

All of them were shocked from her appearance out of nowhere.

"Gus, you ran away so fast, but I didn't want to interrupt, so..." She took a minute to catch more breath before placing a hand on his shoulder "I think you should go."

"Well, he can't. Gus is just an illusionist. He'll only hold us back." Mattholomule says trying to convince Bria not to bring him. 

Luz scoffed from what he said "Shows what you know. Gus here is a regular super witch." Gus blushed from what she said "Luz!"

Gus turns them both around so they could have a private chat "I see what you're doing and it's really sweet, but I don't actually know any spells besides illusions.!"