- 𝕏𝕏𝕍𝕀𝕀𝕀: Training -

"So, all we have to do is train?"

      "We Pillars decided to organize a collaborative training thing we called Hashira Training!"

      "That's creative." You mumbled.

      "The goal is to maintain your marked condition if you've already reached it, or to reach the proper conditions to earn it! Since I've already gotten mine once, I just have to keep training vigorously. You, and many others, in the other hand have to work really, really hard! But, I'm sure you'll do great!" Mitsuri cheered and slapped your back.

      "So, then why's it called Hashira Training?"

      "Because you'll move from one station to another, under the approval and teachings of my best friends!"

      "So... You'll have a station?"

      "Mmhmm!" She clasped her hands together happily.

      "And... Sanemi, too?"

      She snickered. "Why do you wanna know? Anything to tell me?" She jeered and snickered behind her hands that hid her own face.

      You sweat dropped. I've really gotta figure out a way to tell her I finally asked him out. She's gonna flip her shit when I do. I'm absolutely dreading it.

      "Ew, no!" You shoved her playfully.

      "Okay, you'll start with Uzui! He's gonna work on physical fitness with you and some others! Then me! I'll of course have you work on flexibility, but I'm sure you'll do great, since you're already as flexible as me! Maybe even more! Third is Tokito with speed, then swordsmanship with Iguro..." she trailed off, a loving smile on her face.

     She snapped back and continued. "Then you'll work on rapid, never ending striking with your soon-to-be husband! Finally, strength with Himejima!"

      "Isn't there a Water Pillar? I saw him before, or... did he... die?" You asked in a hushed voice.

      "Tomioka decided it would be best if he didn't participate! I'm pretty sure he's upset, though I'm not sure why. It's worrying, but we can't force him to do something he doesn't want to do."

You nodded.

      "You'll be sent out as soon as it starts!"

      "So, when's that?"

      "Tonight."

      "Tonight?! What?!" You finished the last of your meal and hauled ass to your room. "I've gotta get my sword, and my training sword! And a change of uniform! Why wouldn't she tell me until now?! She's really gotta stop doing that!"

-

      You ended up being a couple of days late. After not leaving until the day after you were due to depart, and then getting lost on the way there, you felt... embarrassed by your unprofessionalism to say the least.

      You were a day into Uzui's station, and almost ready to pass his part of the training.

      You recognized a familiar person jogging ahead of you, making you forget to watch your step. You stumbled and fell forward into the boy.

      "Oh! I'm sorry!" He said, turning around and helping you up.

      "Gah! That was so pathetic of me, sorry! I should know better by now!"