- 𝕏𝕏𝕀𝕀𝕀: Family Issues -

"Thank you so much, sir!" You bowed and held your new, wrapped up sword. It had taken a whole week to be made, but no matter! It was beautiful nonetheless.

"Well, go on! Let's see it!" Mitsuri coaxed.

You unwrapped and unsheathed it, marveling at its craftsmanship. It was so clean, and thin, and agile, and- and- it's perfect! I'll never let it break! Never! You giggled with excitement as you dropped the cloth that had protected it and grabbed it by the handle. Immediately, the blade went from a sterling silver color to a vibrant shade of pink.

You let go of a breath you didn't know you were holding. I'm using the right breathing style. Good. It felt like a weight you hadn't known was there was finally lifted off of your chest.

"Interesting..." the chief muttered. "I've never seen a blade turn so rapidly! Impressive! Perhaps your destiny has been secured!"

"Or, maybe it's 'cause she's in loooveeee!" Mirsuri cooed.

"Am not!"

"You totally are! Own up to it!"

You hid your face, embarrassed by your sword. Quickly, you stood and sheathed it. It felt like it was meant to be there, on your hip. You took a deep breath and thanked the chief for his time and energy before hurriedly leaving. Mitsuri came back out a minute later, a smile lacing her face.

You walked in almost silence. Almost because Mitsuri was humming a love song to herself. You reached the place you would stay two more nights in and got settled.

Someone knocking at the door make you jump. "I'll get it." You told Mitsuri. You opened it and were surprised to see-

"L/n! It's great to see you again!"

"Please, call me Y/n." You scratched the back of your neck awkwardly.

"Okay, Y/n! You can call me Tanjiro then!"

You made way for his entrance and he slipped inside. "What brings you here, Tanjiro?"

"I need a new sword, that's all." He beamed up at you. "If you don't mind me asking, what about you?"

"My sword broke, I actually just got the new one, would you like to see?" A sudden pride filled your chest. You had to bite your tongue to keep from gloating.

"Wow! Really? I'd love to!"

You brought him to the room you and Mitsuri were staying in. Mitsuri was gone. A single note was left on the bed she was sleeping in that read 'at spring, be back soon'. It was decorated with a lot of hearts and flowers.

You put the note into your pocket and grabbed your sword. Unsheathing it carefully, since you were inside and didn't need to dice everything up, you passed the handle to Tanjiro. He looked at it in awe.

"Wow! I've never seen a sword like this! It's incredible! How do you use it?!" He picked up the limp blade and inspected it with a smile on his face.

"Actually, tomorrow the person who made it wanted to see how it fairs in action, so I'm using it to train! You're welcome to join me, but you don't have to."

"Don't be ridiculous! I'd never pass up an opportunity to train with a tsuguko! Training against higher ranks makes you stronger!"

You flushed and frantically assured him you weren't that good. "Is anyone else new here? I've been spending most of my time at the spring or here." You changed the subject quickly.