- 𝕀𝕀𝕀: Meeting the Hashira -

"Mitsuri? I'm home!" You called out.

"Y/n!" She cried, clinging to you. "What happened? Your shoulder! And your eye! And oh my God! Your ribs! Come, you must sit down and rest! I'll make you a meal- and we can read together! Tell me how it went! Where's your crow? What ore did you choose? Ack! I'm so excited you're home! I missed you!"

She squeezed what little air you had in your lungs after hiking- wounded- up the mountain. Your ribs cracked and you yelled in pain, making her release you and begin to apologize.

She swept you off your feet and carried you on her back to put you down in front of a fire she had going. She handed you something to read and trotted off to the kitchen to start cooking.

A theatric tear rolled down your cheek. You missed this so much.

That night, you went to bed early. No dreams came to you, and you woke up after what seemed like just closing your eyes. You groaned, sitting up and holding your sides.

You wandered out and noticed Mitsuri tending to her bees out in the yard through a window.

When she came in, she saw you sitting at the table eating some of the many, many leftovers. "You're awake! Shinobu sent some medicine and pain killers for you via crow. Here! Drink this!" She handed you a glass of clouded water.

You swallowed it and she sat down, eager for you to tell her what happened.

When you finished she screamed enthusiastically. "You're so amazing, Y/n! Killing that strong demon all by yourself! That was your first real demon, too! I'm so proud to call you my tsuguko!"

"Oh, yeah! That's official now right? Since I'm officially a slayer?"

She nodded vigorously and beamed. "I cant wait to introduce you to the other Hashira! You'll love them all so much! Gosh! You've already met so many of them! Like Iguro! Isn't he amazing?" Her face flushed a bright red.

"Yeah, I guess? He never really spoke to me, though... just you and his snake."

"Oh, he'll warm up to you soon! He's a big softy on the inside!"

"Somehow, I doubt that..." you muttered. "Mitsuri?"

"Hm?"

"When will I have to- er- get to meet the rest of the Hashira?" Your face grew hot with embarrassment as you remembered the drastic age gap between you two.

"Whenever Master deems a good time; it could be weeks, or days. We'll just have to wait. He'll send a crow preemptively."

"Right, okay."

"CAW! CAW! MEETING AT THE MASTER'S HEADQUARTERS!" An unfamiliar crow yelled out, making bitch you and Mitsuri jump. It hopped through the windowsill and flew around the room.

"Oh! I suppose seconds works too!" She laughed.

"BRING YOUR TSUGUKOS FOR THEIR FORMAL INTRODUCTION! CAW! CAW!" And with that, the crow left through the same open window it came in through.

-

"Mitsuri! I don't wanna go!" You resisted her strength as best as you could, but she was simply too strong. She hoisted you up and slung you over her shoulder.

"Now, now, Y/n, you'll have a great time! You'll be able to meet the other tsugukos, and the Hashira, and..."

"No! Goddamn it! Put me down!" You pounded on her back. "Mitsuri, please!"