"I'll order us some food in. You will eat and we will work through this paperwork together."

I allowed him to push me back and gave a somber nod under his expectant gaze.

"Okay," I croaked, my lips forming a shaky smile that lasted for a barely a moment. My gaze locked onto his forehead, unable to look directly within his eyes. 

After he released me from his grasp, I moved across the room and sat down on the sofa that now took up residence in my living room. I had bought a new one. It was out of necessity. Every day there were dozens of visitors to my home, barely an hour passing before another hand rapped on my door. No matter how much I had protested, my little house had become Satani Media HQ.  So I had splurged out and bought a soft brown leather corner sofa with matching armchairs.

Of course the rest of the room had been decorated too. It helped me to cope. I had control over this one thing. Everything else in my life was still hanging in the balance. The world was waiting for me to speak about the terrifying new side that had been revealed to them and my son was far out of my reach but I could choose what kind of wood was used for my flooring and what colour the walls were painted. It wasn't much but I could still do that.

I relaxed back into the softened leather and drew in a deep breath. I felt the chair dip beside me a few seconds later but I did not turn my head to face him. I didn't have to look to know how much I was hurting the man beside me.

"The papers have left several messages for you again. I know you don't want to do this and I have allowed you to keep your silence." Lucius stopped and sighed loudly. Out of the corner of my eye I watched as he drew a hand down his stubbly cheek. "We need you Savannah. Things are too messy at the moment and I fear we may have kept our silence for too long."

"What do you need me to do?" Even as I asked, I felt my palms growing damp and a nervous flutter in my chest.

"I need you to give an interview. I need you to step outside this house and be the figurehead we need you to be. I can't do it. If people knew who I was they would get out their pitchforks and start a riot. You know it's the truth." His voice was grim as he stared straight across the room, his eyes boring into the photos that hung there. "I am the Devil and people will go crazy if they learn that I will truly exist. You know it will happen."

My fingers gripped my legs tightly. If I had had any nails left, I might have drawn blood. As it was, there was little comfort in the fact that I had bitten them all off several days ago during another of my nervous fits.

"I can't. I can't go out. They're all out there."

The man beside me growled under his breath. My heart hammered in my ribs.

"I will not take no as an answer. You will do as I say. I will not watch you waste away in here for no good reason. Castiel was nearly destroyed and yet he isn't afraid of his own shadow. I have tried to be patient but I don't know how much longer you expect me to sit here and watch this." Lucius pushed up from the sofa and resumed his pacing routine before me.  "I have already set everything up. You will go and do the interview tomorrow. You show everyone that they have nothing to fear from us. You will show them that we are not the enemy."

That lifted my head. I had seen Lucius as a man of power before, he could be damn terrifying if he tried, but never had he turned that voice on me. It dragged me kicking and screaming from by self-pity. I blinked.

"Hang on. What?"

"Are you telling me you don't know what's happening out there?" Lucius snorted and shook his head. "Of course you don't. You've just shut yourself up in your bubble and let everyone else be damned."