[34] Countdown [34]

Dream was in his office. Stressing and overthinking everything, which is what a normal person would do when their fiancé has been lying to them for nearly a year now.

Y/N came back a couple of hours after Techno left, saying how they kept her longer and how she was sorry for the wait. He just smiled, shook it off and left to his office.

Where was she for those hours?

Techno said she didn't even make it to the house, and the building that she was supposably helping with was already complete when she ran that one time.

Every day he expected her to go there since that was what she did. Her routine in the day. Get up, do errands and help that tiniest of bit around the castle and then go off to her friends' house for hours apon hours. And finally, get back and spend that amount of time with him before going back to sleep and repeating.

Sometimes she even left during the night, making him awake from her getting up and 'quietly' leaving the room. He would check the time every night, it saying something about 1 am or 2 and then fall back asleep. Only to get woken up 2 hours later by her getting back into their shared bed.

And those off days where he would mumble asking where she was going since he was curious. She responded for him just to go back to sleep with widened eyes and she will be back before he knows it.

And she is.

And he trusts her.

Does he?

No. He trusts her. With his whole heart- she is the one he is going to be proposed to. She is going to be the Queen of his kingdom. He has to trust her.

But, with the new information that she hasn't been doing what she swore she had. She hasn't been truthful to him and even lied so many times that it made her friend worry about her since they never see her.

Where does she go?

Plus she doesn't go alone. She always goes with Karl. Everything she does, includes him somehow. He even visits her friends with her- Karl never leaves Y/N's side. The only time where they are truly alone is when they are sleeping or Y/N asks him to leave with a strained smile.

That only happens with him.

He hasn't even met her friends, not counting that one time in the castle during a sleepover. (And that wasn't even all of them anyway.)

Karl is one of his staff members. He helps Quackity with his secretary role every day. He even asked Quackity about it once he realised how close Karl and Y/N were. And he just replied with "He does the work that he needs to help with every day, he is never late. I don't know what you are worried about. He is a great worker."

"This all started to happen after-" He spoke to himself aloud. Getting interrupted by a light knock on the door. Clearing his throat, he says "Enter."

Y/N opens the door slightly and walks in. "Hey," She smiled. He once would smile back, but now he just looked at her like all the secrets that she holds would show themselves. "are you okay?"

"Yeah. Perfect," He realised to smile back. Sitting down in his chair while Y/N still stood at the door. "Are you hidin- I mean. How are you?"

She eyed him suspiciously. "I'm fine." Y/N trailed off. "It's just you've been acting, strange I guess since I got back."

"I have?" He asked himself consciously. Straightening his posture slightly as some sort of defence. Like it would prove anything. She laughed awkwardly, looking at him with an even more puzzled look.

"Yeah," She replied. Sitting in one of the chairs opposite. "just up here all the time."

"I have, uh. Work. To do," He lied. "Since I'm the King,"