[40] Again [40]

Y/N woke up alone in their room. Dream nowhere to be seen.

And all she can think of is how happy she is that he was drunk. How happy she is that everything happened how it did. How happy she is.

Dream apologized for being drunk last night when she saw him in the hallway. "Sapnap dragged me to a bar in the kingdom after you left-" in the middle of the night "-saying that I am too focused as the King and need to 'loosen up'." He apologized over and over again, rambling with excuses like he needed to explain.

"And then you came back and I can't remember anything other than a few words and they seem important." He confessed. Holding his head, " I shouldn't of went-"

"It's okay." Y/N smiled. He paused. He was nervous. "You deserve to have fun, I don't mind. You don't need to apologize." She continued. "I knew you were- it's fine. Really."

".. Okay. If it was important you would tell me, right?" He looked at her. Scared. She didn't know why he seemed so scared. Why he seemed skittish and worried about her reaction.

He was scared of her lying.

"Not at all." She said to herself.

"It wasn't important. I promise." She said aloud.

And he smiled. A smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. A smile that she knew he knew she was lying.

So she left.

--

Dream was holding a book once she went on the platform to the floating cell. Scribbling random things down with ink, staining the page with every stroke. Y/N couldn't understand the fluid of the writing, even if she tried her hardest. It looked like something he may have memorized since he seemed to have no mistakes and never hesitated.

Y/N shouldn't even be here. Karl could be anywhere, the girl just snuck out of the castle and decided to come here again. (Correction: the voices begged her to come here again.) IF Karl found out he would definitely not be happy.

The lava called behind her, some part of her just wants to succumb to the warmth and just leave. But she stays, clearing her voice to make herself more known.

His head shoots up, first with the annoyance of some kind. Then with surprise, "Y/N? You came back," He smiled. She didn't realise how long it had been that she had seen him properly smile at her, even if she couldn't see his entire face it made a sort of joy bubble in her stomach.

"Don't make me regret it." She sighed, feigning that glee.

"And only 2 days later-" He smirked. "I knew you couldn't get enough of me." She glared.

Dream placed the open book on the top of the chest next to him, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms on his chest. The mask slid down his face slightly, covering the now smug face.

"Bit of a flaw since I could just go back to past you." Y/N teased, instantly seeing his demeanour change and keeping in her own little smirk. "And it hasn't been two days for me. About 4.." She added slowly, "Plus, you know why I am here."

"And why's that Princess?" Dream said,

"I want to know who told you, as you promised." Y/N didn't trust him (as cliché as that is) in this future.

With the stories being thread with careful string in her ear with Tubbo, Tommy, the whole Crew Boys excluding Dream himself. She moulded her thoughts about this Dream to those stories, and now she finds out it's her Dream blowing up L'Manberg and threatening to kill Tubbo and just set the world to make him the enemy. She can't difference anymore.