Chapter 10: Cliché Confessions

Beginne am Anfang

“Hi”

I jumped in shock when someone’s voice appeared on the background. I looked behind and saw Spencer, wearing a gray longsleeve and white tight pants. His bag is slinging down to his right shoulder and he smiled weakly at me.

“Hey” I said and I patted the seat next to me, motioning him to sit down. He nodded and walked towards the seat and he sighed. I stared at him weirdly, how did he even managed to find me here? Kaleb and Shane. Right.

Spencer is here right now… beside me… what should I do? I think this is the right time to apologize to him… But I’m damn nervous about this. I don’t know what to say after I apologize. Arrgghhh! This is making my brain bleed! I can’t take this anymore!

“I’m sorry!” We both said in unison and we stared at each other, shocked at the outburst.

“For what?” I asked him.

“About err…. kissing… Dean?” He apologized and I smirked at him and nodded. He sighed and I noticed the glint on his eyes, he looks like he’s about to cry.

“Anyway, I’m here to… err… give you something” He said and he opened his bags to scan through his things. I stared on his shaking hands and how vulnerable he is right now. He pulled a piece of pa—wait it’s an old picture.

“This is my favorite picture of all the pictures… we had” He said while smiling weakly. I just stared at the picture, face remained frozen. I think my heart beat is getting fast right now, sweats are dripping on my forehead.

He motioned the old picture to me and I looked at him and then back the old picture. I took it and when I flipped it… the first tear dropped.

It was me hugging Spencer tightly while kissing his cute chubby cheeks. Spencer seemed disgusted on what I’m doing to him on this picture and I chuckled. I shook my head and looked at Spencer. I wiped my tear away and look up at the sky and chuckled.

“I remember your Dad taking that picture, you were so cute especially when I kissed your cheek, you were furious and you want to get out from my hold but I kept on hugging you tightly” I said, I didn’t bother to look at Spencer and continued,

“It’s not the only thing I remembered. I remember it all now, all the memories we had” I added and looked back to Spencer who’s crying right now. He looked shock on my sudden confession and that makes my heart break.

“I’m so sorry… for everything.” I said and I’m giving my best to fight back the tears. I don’t have the right to cry in front of Spencer since I am the one who left him. I am the one who forgot Spencer Thwaites.

Spencer pursed his lips and look up at the sky and he closed his eyes.

“Do you know how many years that I carried all of these pain inside me?” Spencer asked sternly. I bit my lips at the heartbreaking sight in front of me, I looked down on my lap and that’s when I let all of my tears drip down. The cold breeze is not helping right now and goosebumps are all over me now.

“I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry Spencer.” All I could say is ‘sorry’. I don’t know how many times I’ll apologize but I know that that is not enough. My sorry will not men his broken heart. I shook my head in disbelief and I put my hands on my face and continued to cry. I can’t believe I’m crying in front of Spencer right now. I feel so pathetic.

“Seriously, I want to punch you right now… but I can’t” Spencer suddenly said and I looked up at him, not minding my tear stained face.

“Then do it, if it’ll make you feel better” I said eagerly and I grab his hand and put it on my chest to punch it. I slapped myself with his hand so many times and he just looked at me.