Birdy

"I don't understand"

"Why don't I explain birdy?" A man's voice came from deep in the forest. All wildlife came to a stand still. My blood ran cold as ice.

I look to Mia and her face was pale as snow. Her expression full of terror.

She knew this man. How?! Who is he?

"Isla? ISLA?! where are you' my heart starts pumping out of my chest. where is she? where could she have gone? they were just here.

I become frantic. Twirling around on the balls of my feet, looking through the trees, sniffing her scent.

I caught it!

It was so far away... and ... coming from...him...

Red

That's all I see at that point.

"Where. Is . My . Child?!" I growl out slowly. His smile just widens.

"You mean this little human?" His voice was like nails on a chalk board.
He flicked his wrist and to his left from the fog in the tree line another wolf crawls into view. In its long teeth was Isla. They were passed out, limp, in his jaws. Blood running down her cheeks.

My heart dropped, blood rang. All I knew was 'kill, kill, kill, kill' all that repeated in my brain 'kill, killkillkillkillkillkill'.

So I went for it. I transformed in my white wolf and went for the kill. The wolf with my Isla.

Mia pov

I couldn't move. I knew him.

He was the man that hurt me.

He smelled like the place I was held in.

Like rotten flesh and mildew.

Jt was vile.

It froze me in place.

I couldn't hear Alla beside me properly. I could only sence her fear when it mixed with mine.

It only partially pulled me out of this paralysis this man stuck me in.

As I stared at this man,his wicked, crooked smile. His cruel looking stare. The stare that made me remember.

The beatings. The blood. The cruel words.

It flooded back.

All of it.

I felt Alla shift next to me. Her anger flared. Her rage felt so hot next to me.

I finally break his stare when she lunges for the other wolf.

I see her hit an invisible wall and get flung back like a giant had batter her away. She flung into the air with a whine.

She hits a huge tree trunk with a ear shattering crack and slid down it, blood trail following.

'Uhuhuahhhh missy. I believe I was talking' the man dralled as he took a few steps closer.

'P-please leave them out of it' I hated the way my voice shook. How scared it sounded. So weak compared.

'Oj my birdy, don't be so scared.' He was so theatric with his pranses and flaling arms. 'We spent such a long, lovely time together. So lovely in fact you brought me new friends!'

'N-no' nononononono this can't be happening. Anything but this.

'Oh?...no? Are you sure? Is this not them all?' He took steps closer, closing the little gap between him and the boarder. 'Are you saying everyone there are my new friends?' He paused, watching my face closely and grazed as he used to. 'All for me?!' He clutched his cold corpse like hands tk his greesy jacket.

Alla growled deep next to me. On her paws, not seeming to be too badly hurt.

'I would watch my tone if I was you missy, I have your pathetic human child after all'

Famous last words.

I'll edit it after the 12 days