Vol. Two Ch. Eleven: Right in Their Faces

Start from the beginning

"PILOT, GRIMM HAVE BEEN UNLEASHED. THE PROFESSOR SAYS TO HURRY AND RENDEZVOUS BACK AT OUR COORDINATES."

She adjusted her audio system to yell out as I could see their shadowed figures and Athena's gunfire alongside Grimm shadows as well. It didn't help that I could see IMC muzzles flashes far from them so, they were definitely getting jumped. Growling out as I prepared to hop off the roof, I swore I also heard another set of growls behind me-Whipping my body around, I unloaded on a Creep, and from what I learned in Port's class, subterranean Grimm reptiles that are small and stubby. And this description definitely fit it up until the V-47 Flatline's rounds began to rip massive chunks off it. When it dropped dead with a low squeal, I then noticed the building I was on was beginning to shake.

"Can I rest for one moment!?"

Jumping off the roof in time, a Beringel had burst out beneath from where I once stood as I reloaded my Flatline. It noticed after roaring that I was nowhere to be seen so, it naturally looked around and saw me land with a soft roll before roaring out again. Unlike myself, it jumped off the roof haphazardly and landed on its fists and fit only to lunge out at me. Ducking backwards hard enough that I have a blonde vampire a run for his money, I yelled through grit teeth as it flew right past me. Standing up fully, I whipped my body around and unleashed a Holo-version of myself to confuse the Beringel. And confuse it I did not given how it tackled me through the Holo-version despite having taken a few steps to the side just in case.

Now on the ground, I was watching this a bit more than I thought I would. These things are primal, carnal, anything but smart yet, the fact this thing could tell the difference of me and the Holo-version? There is definitely intelligence there-What am I doing!? Using the jump-kit to slide out from underneath it as I then paid witness to it slamming the ground only one time. But that one time had enough force and anger behind it that the ruined asphalt cratered down. Drawing my Flatline whilst still on my back, I let out a burst of rounds that hit the Beringel square in the chest as it roared out in pain. That's when it grabbed at my leg and yanked me forward and to the side as I effectively became a human frisbee with a weird yell added in. Smacking into an old light-post, I could feel the thing bend upon impact as all the air in my system got forced out with a single dry silent cough before I fell again with a nice thud. Hell, I even heard a worry set of sparks come from the jump-kit as ai tried to recover before the Beringel arrived. Yet, I was too late as it ran over and began to beat me down. Trying to protect myself, I held my arms up to try and block thing was, that was like trying to stop a sedan hitting me at street speed.

Before it could do anymore damage, a heavy set of gunfire turned the Beringel into a demon Swiss cheese. Dropping me, it began to fade mid-fall before fully disappearing into ash upon hitting the ground. Letting out a sigh of relief, I laid on the ground for a bit.

"Athena...I swear to god, how many times are you going to do that-!?"

"Hello, Pilot~ Sorry but, Imma be the one to end you. Not some Swamp Ape."

Looking up at the source of the broadcasting voice, I let out a seriously pissed off sigh as I saw it was a Legion Class Titan. An IMC standard issued one to be exact.

"Goddammit-!"

"Say Goodnight, Pilot~!"

Bringing its foot up, it went to slam it down on my as I tried to dive away yet, I really couldn't given how big an Ogre Chassis foot is. However, I had a pot belly Guardian Angel who taught at an Academy. One that roared out as his held the foot at bay-Wait what-? My gaze slowly ran up to see Professor Port holding its foot back with nothing but his bare hands as he growled out. A bronze aura surrounding him as he didn't even break a sweat against the thing.