Chapter 14- out

Y/n's injuries had healed enough for her to travel back to meet with Silva once more. Illumi helped her with her things. He was silent the whole way there. He seemed pensive. Every one in awhile y/n would catch him staring at her, but she didn't want to question him, fearing that it would make him uncomfortable. 

          As soon as they arrived at the Zoldyck mannor, Illumi informed her that he had business to attend. He left her in the care of the butlers and the rest of his family. She was guided by one of the servants back to her room. They also informed her that she would be meeting with Silva, as per his request, for dinner. She was allowed to do anything in the meantime. Y/n decided to pass the time until then by taking a nice soothing bath. 

        Her body was still sore from her fight with Hisoka a few days prior. Once she was out of the tub, she started getting ready for the dinner. The servants had left new clothes outside her door. She let her mind drift back to the Heaven's Arena. She hadn't gotten the chance to say bye to Killua or Gon before she left. It left her rather disappointed to not let them know that she was okay after the fight. 

         'Hopefully they know I'm okay.' Her mind wandered back to what Killua had said that day about Illumi following her. 'Guess he was spot on, but how did he know?'

         She was pulled out of her head by one of the butlers informing her that it was time for her to meet Silva. The dining table was covered in luxurious looking food when she had arrived. Silva sat alone at the head of the table and welcomed her back.

         "You did well to get to the 200th floor so quickly, and your fight against the magician was also rather impressive. It seems you've learned some things about nen. You have an interesting ability, I look forward to seeing more of it. Once it has developed a bit more of course." 

        "Thank you. My nen still needs a lot work," her voice trailed off.

        "Don't sell yourself short, if you weren't strong you wouldn't be here now. Speaking of, I hear that my eldest son has left you here while he's on a mission, is that right?" 

         "Yeah," She looked down.

         "I see." The two of them just ate in silence until they both had their fill and parted ways. Y/n headed back to her room. On her way back she came across Kikyo, Illumi's mother.

         "Y/n darling, you're back so soon! I take it you've spoken to my husband already?"

         "Yeah, we actually only just finished speaking."

         "We were all very impressed. It seems we made the right choice with you for our precious Illumi!" She patted y/n on the head. "I'll let you get back to him now." 

           "Oh, he's actually out on a mission right now."

            "Is he now? Well I must be off regardless, sleep well." She hurried off.

            'That was a strange interaction. But I guess that's normal with her.'

            Y/n finally made it back to her room. She collapsed onto her bed, but before she had the chance to do anything else, her phone began to ring. She answered before checking the caller id, hoping it was Illumi. To her surprise, it was Killua, along with Gon.

             "Y/n!!" Gon yelled through the phone. "You were amazing! That fight was awesome!"

             "He's right, it was pretty cool." Killua added.

             "Are you alright though? Hisoka really didn't hold back much."

             "I'm much better now, thank you." Y/n smiled at the kids' concern for her. "I'm back at your house now Killua. You were right about your brother watching me. How did you know?" 

             "Just a hunch I guess. He used to do the same thing to me."

            "Oh, right." Y/n thought back to the hunters exam.

             "I've never known him to care about anyone outside the family, so make sure you're careful around him." Killua advised.

            "We should let her rest now, Killua. She's probably still injured. Oh but before we go, we're all meeting up in York New city on September 1st if you want to join us!" 

            "I'll be sure to keep that in mind." Y/n laughed and they all said their goodbyes before hanging up. After that y/n fell asleep.