chapter 10- see you soon

Y/n's eyes fluttered open. She closed them again and stretched her arms out, realizing she was snuggled against something. She hazily snuggled even closer before opening her eyes to Illumi, awake and staring down at her wrapped tightly around him. She scrambled back, starting to apologize, but she moved a little too far too fast. She started to fall backwards off the bed, but Illumi caught her outstretched hand and pulled her lightly back onto the bed. 

       "I'm so sorry! I really didn't mean to fall asleep there. I am so sorry." She said in a slight panic.

       "It's okay. I don't care." He didn't take his eyes off her.

       "Still, I feel bad. I said I'd sleep on the floor too, and then I just passed out on you like that." Her face flushed. She looked away in embarrassment. 

       "I don't care about what you do. I've been trained to endure many situations." He informed her.

        "Yeah, I know." She sent a sympathetic look at him. "But that doesn't mean I don't feel bad about making you uncomfortable." 

         "You didn't make me any more uncomfortable than usual." He tilted his head as if it was obvious.

         "Oh, um, sorry..."  She flinched at his words and hung her head. 

         "You're a strange girl." He stood up.

         "Is there anything I can do to help you feel a little more comfortable around me?" She looked up at him from the bed.

         "I don't believe there is." He promptly left the room, leaving her sitting dejected on the bed.

         Y/n kicked her legs over the side of the bed and let them hang off. She let out a long sigh and flopped her back onto the bed. 

         'Honestly, could I have messed up any more. He clearly doesn't like me.' She groaned at the thought. 

         She got up. She figured she could explore a little more, since she didn't get far yesterday. She made her way outside, trying to memorize the path she took, so she wouldn't get lost on her way back. She walked pretty far, but the farther she walked the most endless the property felt. The tall trees concealed any hints as to where it might end. She began to find herself feeling lost. She stopped to look around and realized she had no idea which direction she had come from. She listened and looked for any signs that might help her figure her way back. She heard a voice from deeper in the trees.

         'Was that, Gon?'

         She rushed toward the sound and sure enough there he was, along with Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio. They were all walking out of another house on the property. 

          "Looks like you guys made it!" She cheerily greeted all of them. 

          They all tensed at her sudden appearance, but they quickly relaxed when they realized who it was. 

          "Y/n! What are you doing here?" Gon shouted and tackled her with a hug. She fell backwards to the grund.

           "Oh right, I didn't get the chance to tell you yet." Killua started. "She's engaged to Illumi."

           They all looked at her in shock. 

           "Y/n, is that true?" Kurapika asked hesitantly.

           "You mean the mind control guy, seriously?" Leorio added.

           "Haha yeah, but he's not all bad." Y/n lightly laughed in embarrassment.