Chapter 8

Chapter 8

When Sophie opened her eyes she was welcomed by bright white lights. They hurt her eyes and she closed them so they were shut again. Trying again, she opened her eyes and adjusted to the light. Looking around, she took in her surroundings. She was in a hospital. At least that's what she thought. Around her bed were white walls and an arrangement of machines measuring things that she couldn't even pronounce.

"Is she awake yet?" A voice spoke from outside the hospital room.

"I'm sorry but you can't go in yet." Another voice replied. She frowned and swung her legs from out of the bed. They felt weak and useless. With a growl, she forced them to stand her up. With a shaky feeling, she stood up. Her head felt light and her mouth was like sandpaper. She needed some water.

"Why the fuck not?" the voice replied. She took a step towards the door forcing her legs to work. Then another. And then another. She leaned on the wall for support and got her breath back.

"I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from using that language in the hospital. There are some young children here." the doctor scolded him.

"Oh shit sorry."

"And to answer your question, she is still feeling weak and isn't ready for visitors yet." She pushed open the door. Two faces looked at her in shock. She was looking back at a man wearing a white coat with a clipboard in hand and Adam. She frowned. They were talking about her?

"I am ready for visitors thank you very much." she complained giving him a wonky grin. The doctor looked shocked and was about to say something before Adam interrupted.

"Sophia!" he exclaimed. "You're awake!" he cried before rushing in to give her a large hug. She winced slightly as he knocked a bruise or two but kept it too herself. Adam looked pale and had large bags under his eyes from lack of sleep. Had he been up all night because of her? She wondered.

"Of course I am." she said giving him a smile. She tried to remember what had happened yesterday but only little bits on memories came back. She remembered Kurt and his bullies cornering her in the alleyway and she then remembered the pain. But then it became hazy. She remembered someone coming in and saving her but she couldn't get a picture of him in her head. Still, Sophie wasn't stupid. She could put two and two together and while she couldn't imagine it being him especially after their argument yesterday, she knew for certain that it must have been Adam.

"Sophie!" the doctor cried out, "get back into your bed this instance, by god you can barely stand." he said disapprovingly to her. Sophie gave him a sheepish grin.

"Can I still talk to Adam?" she asked him, the doctor paused for a minute before continuing, "only for ten minutes then you need to sleep." he muttered before holding his arm out for her to lean on. Adam cut him off.

"It's ok sir, I can help her get to bed." Sophie couldn't help but blush at the comment. The doctor frowned at them both before nodding and walking off most likely to some other more obedient patient.

"Adam." she scowled to him about the comment, still, she gladly accepted his offer to support her to the bed and put her arm around his shoulders and hobbled to the bed. Once settled on the bed she turned to Adam. Her eyes started to water up and before she knew it, a flood of tears were coming out of her eyes. Adam was shocked but just stayed their quiet for a few minutes without saying anything while letting Sophie cry her eyes out. Once she was done and recovered, she looked over to him and gave him a weak smile.

"Thanks." she said to him. He may not realise it, but Sophie felt like she owed him her life. He came to her and saved her from god knows what. Not only that, he risked himself to help her and they barely knew each other. She wiped her eyes dry. She was so scared back then and when Adam came, it felt like he was a knight in shining armour. Maybe a healer. She snickered at her joke earning a confused look from Adam.

Legend of WarlordsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara