Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Sophie felt the rush of excitement as she felt the power of the FORDhelmet surge through her brain as she logged on. The bright light consumed her once more and she entered the world of LOW.

She landed in the main city as her elf. She relaxed realising where she was and smiled. The city was quieter today without many people. She wasn't sure why.

Nevertheless, she was meeting Charlie near the gates so she set off in a steady jog to get there. Again, she felt the light feeling her elf character gave and felt like jumping with happiness.

Earlier that day, when she had left the house, Sophie decided skip school. Her mind was racing from what her mother had been like and she hid out in town until her parents had left. Then she ran back inside and messaged Charlie to come online. He agreed and here she was.

Charlie didn't know about her parents. In fact, no one did. Danny, Fiona or Jenny didn't know. They had never asked her so she had never felt the need to bring it up. But then perhaps it was better this way. This way she doesn't have to have them feeling sorry for her. She doesn't need any sympathy.

It was her personality to never tell people. She usually keeps thing bottled up. It hasn't done her any harm. In fact, it's been better for her. You don't survive in the world from being weak. You don't reach the top charts in games for being weak and it applies to real life as well.

She shook her head trying to get the thoughts out of her head. This was LOW. Legends of Warlords. This wasn't the real world. Here she was strong and powerful and a completely new character. This was the one true place she could go to forget about the real world.

Shaking her head to get the thoughts of her parents out of it, she ran a bit longer until she started to see the town walls growing. Once reaching the gate, she looked out for Charlie. Of course, he wasn't there. He must be late logging on. Sophie leaned against the city wall to wait for him. She watched the people walk in and out while she waited.

The diversity of characters amazed her. The game had so many to chose from and to design your character from. So many people walked past and she couldn't find a any that looked alike.

"Hey!" A voice called out. Sophie turned her head to see a large Kec Elf thundering towards her. And here he was... "Sorry I'm late. I had to make sure the cat was ok." he gave her a sheepish grin. Sophie smiled back. Of course he had to let the cat out.. After all cats always come first.

"It's ok," she grinned, "so where to today?" she asked.

"You mentioned a dungeon you would like to do? Are you up for it?" he asked.

"Sure," she replied, "which one is it?"

"It's the field dungeon quest. We just need to find a witch in a forest and kill her." he answered. Seems easy enough.

"You lead then because I don't know where to go at all."

"Hah, that's cause you're useless." he shot at her.

"I have a higher level than you!" Sophie replied giving him on of her I-am-right faces. Charlie pulled a face back.

"You're the one asking for help," he muttered quietly to himself, "Charlie, please do help me! I fell from the sky and have no idea how to play because I'm useless!" he mocked in a falsetto as he set off running.

"I don't talk like that!" Sophie complained following behind him.

"Yes you do. You just don't want to admit it."

"Well at least I sound like my gender."

"What's that suppose to mean?" he frowned turning around to look at her. Sophie snorted rather unattractively.