Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Sophie swung her dagger at the witch watching her HP sink by a mere 10 points. They had gotten nowhere. To her left, Charlie was hacking at her activating all the sword skills he had. Not only that, he was taking most of her hits and only surviving because Adam was healing him like mad.

The witch's HP was down by a third but it had taken nearly all their strength to do so. Sophie was starting to feel the fatigue of the constant attacking and she felt like her arms were going to drop off. Not only that, her armour was loosing it's durability and so were her daggers.

She activated a skill and attacked the witch. Again it did little except anger her more.

Suddenly, the witch swung her arm around that knocked both Sophie and Charlie off their feet and sent them flying. She hit the floor with a 'thud' and lay groaning in pain. To her left she saw Charlie also on the floor struggling to get back up.

She saw the witch summoning a spell. Crap, she was going to attack at any second if Sophie didn't do anything. She quickly jumped up and ran at the witch activating a skill that made slammed her daggers into the witch burring them deeply inside her. The witch howled in pain before slamming Sophie to the ground.

She let out a yelp and flipped her body round so that hitting the ground won't hurt as much. She still felt a painful thud as she hit the ground. With a groan, she got back up.

"Sophie, this dungeon was a crap idea." Charlie scowled at her bracing himself for another attack. Sophie gave him a little scowl.

"Shut up. Besides, you agreed to it. Anyway, the dungeon said it was available for players level 2 and above." she argued back. The witch was preparing to attack again. Adam saw this and quickly muttered a healing spell. Sophie felt the relieving feel of her health being replenished. A dark, grey swirling ball came at both of them and they both ran to the sides as fast as they could. She felt a burning pain to her sides as the witch's spell just grazed her sides. She picked her self back up again. She activated another skill and ran towards the witch swiping at her sides. The cuts were shallow and didn't do much harm. Charlie followed after her swinging his large two handed sword.

"We can't keep on going like this." Sophie said to them both. Charlie gave her a nod but was too focused on attacking to properly reply.

"No shit Sherlock." Adam commented to her. Sophie took a deep breath.

"Well then, what do you suggest we do?" she asked him with a frown. Adam gave her a look.

"Why you asking me?" he replied with a dead face. Sophie suppressed the urge to beat him to a pulp. The witch was reading another spell. Ignoring Adam, Sophie ran to the sides avoiding the witches spell. The ball came whizzing past lighting up the room with a faint pink colour. It hit the back wall missing them both.

Deciding to stay where she was, Sophie watched the witch to try and learn it's attack pattern. Swing, swing, swing, swing, spell. The spell narrowly missed Charlie and Adam murmured another healing spell. Then she noticed something. It was only subtle but it was there and she would have missed it if she had not been focusing on Charlie.

From behind the witch and on Charlie's side, a faint pink glow was coming from behind the trees. It looked like a pink gas and floated almost lazily into the witch. Sophie frowned as she saw the witch seemingly replenish it's health. She must have been getting her power from that. Not only that, it has to be coming from somewhere.

"Charlie," Sophie called out to him as the witch swung at him with her arm. "Can you draw the witches agro for a while?" she asked him as he picked himself up.