Prologue

Legend of Warlords

Running.

She was always running. No matter where she went, how far she ran and no matter what she did, they would find her. Everywhere she looked they haunted her. Followed her like she was nothing more than some prey in a game that was beyond her imagination.

It was becoming sickening. She was sick of it all. She was sick of them and above all, she was sick of herself.

She would stop. She would stop from it all. Forget about everything. And maybe, just maybe, one day, she would start running again. The only difference is that she'll run towards them this time.

But not yet. No not yet. She had too much to do right now. It was too early to stop.

Prologue

A huge fire ball came raining down on the light armoured elf as she quickly rolled to the side before gathering her bow and shooting a couple of arrows in the direction the fire ball came from. They headed straight into the mist. Hearing a thud followed by a muffled scream she deemed it safe to look around her. There was no one there.

“Hello?” she said in a hushed voice into nothing. There was no reply. Where the heck were they? She thought in her head annoyed. She was parting with a group of friends who had let her tag along to try and complete a difficult quest. Sure, they had seemed fine to start of with but now? Ugh. They must have ditched her. This is what you get for parting with people who are already in a social group.

The mist was surrounding her again and she was trapped. Even if she didn't get out of this mist and just decided to log out, by the time she came back on in the game she would still be in the same position. So much for completing a quest.

She could just kill herself and then get back into the starting town again. But that would mean losing a level and at her level, it would be too much of a large risk. It would take her ages to level up again to the level she was at.

Besides, this game shouldn't be a challenge to her. She was Sophie. One of the top ten players in this game, Fight of Freedom. Maybe with luck, she would be able to find her way out of the mist easily enough. She cursed her self for not levelling up her Sight skill more.

With a groan, she re-equipped her sword and walked into the mist. Around her she could sense the monsters circling her like she was food. She grinned to her self. Oh so they wanted to play did they. She stopped walking and paused in the middle of the mist and listened. There was silence. Nothing out there except for the whispering of the wind.

Then she heard the footsteps charging towards her. She quickly raised her sword and swiped up at the monsters jaw. Her sword sliced a clean cut through it's head, killing it instantly. Two more came and her and she danced out of the way of them both before activating a skill and creating and sharp cut into the air. The cut travelled to the two other monsters and sliced them in half with ease.

Activating a sight skill, Sophie searched for the other monsters and found their positions. There were six of them left and then she might be able to make a run for it. Each one was in close enough distance for her skill she had.

It was a special skill that only she could use. At least at the moment anyway. The game gave it to her character as a gift for getting into the top ten players in the game. With a grin, Sophie activated the skill and started chanting some words while drawing lines into the ground with her sword. The monsters were closer than before and not only that, there were more of them. About 15 now. If this spell didn't work, she would be doomed to lose a level and she could not afford that right now.

The spell was finished. With a large smile, she dug her sword into the ground and shouted the final word. Fire erupted all around her as the monsters became engulfed in the flames. The ground turned into a sea of lava around her leaving her standing on a platform of rock in the flaming sea.

The monsters would be dead from this. In fact, all the monsters in the area should be dead from this. Maybe she was a little too overpowered. But then it didn't really matter because within a day, this game would be old. In fact, the PC she was playing on would be old. She would never need to play Fight for Freedom again because of the FORDhelmet. A brand new virtual reality device that would allow her to experience the gaming world in a much more realistic approach.

She grinned as she walked her character towards the safety of a town. She had another game to beat.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

You may be finding that there is a lot of editing going on in this book. In a last minute decision I have decided that it is not to be called Age of Games and have the competition in this book because my friends, this book is going to be the first book to a trilogy. Yes you heard me.. I am attempting to write a trilogy... Lol. 

But seriously, I have three other books planned after this one and this is the start of the first :) Hope you choose to stick with me along the way and enjoy the book. :P