10

"How was school today Ki?" Mr. Kirishima asked as he did every day when he walked in the door. Ms. Kirishima sighed a little from the kitchen table, expecting his usual answer. He smiled, "it was great" Ms. Kirishima and Mr. Kirishima both paused, slightly surprised. "Oh, well what changed?" Mr. Kirishima asked. He set down his backpack and placed his hands behind his head, it just felt comfortable for some reason. "I'm not actually taking classes, but working as a teacher's aide. There's actually stuff to do now, I only drew about 2 pages throughout the entire day" Ms. And Mr. Kirishima glanced at each other, then smiled. "I honestly wasn't sure you working as a teacher's aid would be a good fit for you, Ejiro told us about how you didn't really talk to your classmates and how they didn't exactly have good opinions of you"

Killua chuckled. "I have to admit, I was dreading it at first. Thought it would be boring and I'd have to deal with being insulted the entire time. Honestly for the first 5 minutes nobody called me over even though I could tell some people we're struggling. But once the first person did suddenly everyone was" Mr. Kirishima looked proud. "I knew you would be a social butterfly once you actually tried to talk to other people" really?

The next day, he was actually looking forward to school. He found that he actually liked helping people, and he grabbed his backpack and waited impatiently for Kirishima as he stood next to the door. Killua huffed, tapping his foot impatiently. "Kiri! c'mon!" Kirishima walked down the hallway with a sigh. "Usually you're the one dragging your feet" He grumbled. Killua laughed, then grinned on their way out the door. "That was when school was boring." Kirishima blinked and surprise, then glanced over at him. "Oh, did that teacher's aide thing actually work out for you?" He nodded, then shifted his backpack a little. "Yeah, there's not a moment of sitting around doing nothing"

They kept chatting on the way there, but when they got to school they were stopped by the principal. Well, Killua was stopped. Kirishima just hung around with him. "Killua" He blinked, then glanced up at her. "Yes Ms. Linko?" She smiled, then handed him about 1700 Yen. Kirishima's jaw dropped. Killua glanced at the money in confusion. "Uh...thanks?" She sighed. "Sorry, I guess I should've made it clear. You aren't studying here Killua, you're working. Therefore you should get paid for it" Oh. He shrugged, before slipping the money in his pocket. "Well thanks, which classes am I going to today?" She smiled again, before handing him a paper. "This is your schedule, you'll be paid that much a day until the end of the year" He nodded, then checked his first class. Kirishima blinked over his shoulder, then grinned. "that's mine!" He grinned back. "Perfect"

"Alright class, for those of you who don't know we have a teacher's aide now" The class muttered, rolling their eyes and sharing snide comments. Killua wasn't in the room yet, none of them saw him. Kirishima glanced at the door with a grin though, knowing exactly who it was. "Another obnoxious 300 year old bitch? You were already bad enough" some purple haired kid in the front row said, rolling his eyes. The class snickered to each other, Kirishima was about to open his mouth when the teacher sighed. "Killua...come in please"

He walked in, and the chatter stopped. A few people were shocked, others confused, a couple were even smiling as they recognized him from yesterday. Killua cleared his throat, then smiled at the purple haired kid. "Yo, the name's Killua. I'm here as a teacher's aide" He scoffed. "More like an unpaid intern that got shoved into a classroom full of teenagers because your too dumb to finish highschool" So that's how it's gonna be? The room was dead quiet, about 4 people giving the front dirty looks. Kirishima was one of them, but he gave him a wink. Chill, I got this. Kirishima blinked, then settled back in his chair with a huff. The teacher was about to scold him when Killua spoke. "You think your smarter than me?"

The purple haired kid scoffed. "I've got a 100% in this class." Killua raised a single eyebrow, then chuckled. This class, was math. It happened to be the same teacher that had put a calculus problem on the board for him in an attempt to get him to focus. "That is indeed impressive. However, just because you're the smartest person in this class and I'm the same age as you doesn't mean your smarter than me" A few of the class gasped, then whispered furiously. The purple haired kid dropped his feet from the corner of his desk, then sat up. "We're the same age?" He smirked, then put his elbows on the desk. "What a hotshot, thinking your cool just because you help the teacher. It doesn't make you cool idiot, it makes you a teacher's pet"

Before Killua could respond, there was a laugh. "Yoki, if you can solve this problem then you don't have to pay attention in class" why didn't I think of that? Yoki smirked. "Challenge accepted" Killua turned, then watched as Ms. Wina drew out a calculus problem on the board. Yoki blinked, then growled. "That's calculus! We don't even learn that in middle school! Let alone highschool!" Ms. Wina smiled, then tapped the board. "Killua, answer this problem for me" Yoki scoffed. "No damn wa-" Killua smiled back. "8"

The room went dead quiet, half the class's jaws dropped. He turned, then smirked down at Yoki, who was looking up at him with a shocked expression. "Now, what was that about you being smarter than me?" He growled, and then Killua chuckled. "Also, I do get paid. Next time check your facts before you insult someone, or else you look like a fool" Some people snickered, a few were whispering and pointing now. Yoki flushed and shrank a little into his chair, not able to meet his eyes. Killua stood up, then cleared his throat. "Anyone else have any objections to me being a teacher's aide? Questions perhaps?"

There was no response for a few moments, then someone in the back raised their hand and spoke. "Is it true that you're the same age as us?" Killua blinked, then shrugged. "Pretty sure, unless Kiri got held back a year" Killua said with a grin and Kirishima. Everybody looked at him and he shifted a little, then sputtered. "H-hey! " Another person raised their hand. "How do you know Kirishima?" He chuckled, then placed his hands behind his head. "We live together. Now, I believe it's time for class to start"

1239 words

To be continued...