8

Killua sketched a plethora of symbols and patterns. Some he remembered from the Fandom Frenzy store, others he based off of things he saw, a few he made originals of. After about 25 minutes of that, he decided on what he wanted. Killua left the notebook on the ground nearby and cleared out a small area before placing the mask down in the center. He covered the parts that light would shine through with the tape and read the instructions on the spray painting kit. Alright, here we go.

Approximately an hour later, Killua grinned down at his masterpiece. He carefully removed the tape and turned on the lights, then hummed. The purple's kinda boring. He switched the light up settings and turned the mask to examine it.

He lightly ran a finger over the paint to test if the paint was still wet, when he drew it back his finger didn't have any color on it

He lightly ran a finger over the paint to test if the paint was still wet, when he drew it back his finger didn't have any color on it. He slipped his gloves back on and placed the mask on his face, then turned around. Killua paused when he saw someone looking through his notebook, frowning slightly. How didn't I hear her? There was a teenager with neon blue hair and navy eyes crouching in the ground and flipping through the notebook. "What are you doing?" She froze, then her eyes snapped up to him. "Oh. I uh....was just..." He heard footsteps and she cursed under his breath, then bolted deeper into the alley. Killua caught her arm, then heard one of the people who was passing by the alley. "Damn, where'd she go? That was 1150,000 Yen worth of jewelry-" She stole something, and it was expensive. That mean's she's probably a villain.

The teenager was silent until the footsteps faded, then growled and kneed him in the stomach. Killua pried his notebook from her grip and clamped her wrists in one hand behind her back. "I have reason to assume you're a villain" he said, looking her dead in the eye. She struggled, gritting her teeth. "N-No! I was framed!" then why'd you run? Although, she may have run to avoid getting arrested for something she didn't do. Killua pinned her to the wall and chuckled. "Let's test that" he felt through her pockets, keeping the struggling teen in place easily. "L-Let me go!" She hissed, suddenly his fingers caught something in the right inside pocket of her jacket. He lifted out the item, then dangled the silver and sapphire necklace in front of her face. "Then what's this?" A flash of alarm flitted through her eyes, but she huffed. "It's my mother's" That is a lie.

Killua slipped it back into her pocket, before knocking her out by restricting her breathing. Not long enough to kill her, just enough for her to pass out. Man, I need to figure out a quicker way of doing that. He thought, as her eyes closed. He found some rope and tied her up, then gathered his notebook and spray painting kit and made his way back home.

Killua hid the mask and slipped off his gloves before he came in, then opened the door. "I'm back!" he called, closing the door behind him and making his way to his room. Kirishima peeked out of his room with a smile. "Hey man, your back early today" He chuckled, "Saw something interesting today, bought some spray painting supplies and stuff" Kirishima's face brightened. "Really? Did you make anything?" He thought for a moment, then sighed. "Nah, not yet." As much as I don't like lying to Kiri, I can't show it to him if I'm going to use it. "I got tons of ideas though, I'll show you a few of 'em aight?" He gave Kirishima a wink, then closed his door. Killua set his spray painting kit down on his dresser and then clicked on the news as he settled down in his hammock and flipped to a blank page. He usually listened to it in the background, it was easier to draw when he had a faint noise in the background for some reason.

He did that for about 45 minutes, then something the woman announcing things on the news said made him look up. "Breaking news, the blue haired thief that has been shoplifting millions of yen worth of jewelry and gemstones has finally been caught" When he laid eyes on the screen, he recognized the face of the teen he'd captured in the alleyway. Interesting. Then, a picture of a piece of paper went up on the screen. His eyes widened, he recognized that picture as well. Killua flipped a few pages in his notebook, then huffed at the jagged edge of a page that had been ripped out. Damn thief. "this piece of artwork was found next to her tied up in an alley, she claimed that 'The artist with the rainbow mask' captured her" A question mark showed up on the screen next to his artwork. "Who is 'The Artist?' Has this been the new vigilante that has been bringing in criminals recently in the Hakurai district without leaving a trace? Stay tuned for the answer, Kushio out"

Killua thought for a moment, turning off the T.V. A...vigilante? What's that? He'd never heard of this before. So, he closed his notebook and sat down at his desk. Killua opened his computer and typed it into the search bar. He scanned over the definition. 'People who voluntarily carry out duties usually done by Pro Heroes without paying attention to the law. Due to the hero regulations and quirk restriction laws, people are not allowed to perform heroic duties out on their own and vigilantism is therefore illegal' He blinked. Oh. I guess...I'm a vigilante. The issue was, those were illegal. Killua didn't want to break the law, and he wasn't killing people like a majority of the others he saw on old news articles. So...how do I make it legal? He went back to the definition, then read over a few words. 'hero regulations and quirk restriction laws'

Killua spent about 15 minutes searching things up online, and came to a conclusion. I have to wait a year and a half before I can even begin to solve one of those problems. That, was an issue. He needed it. Without the excitement, he was left bored and restless. He always followed the rules, even if he thought they were ridiculous. But...damn it. He quickly erased his history, just in case. Kirishima liked to use his computer occasionally, and if he was going to keep his work a secret he couldn't leave any clues. He swiveled in his chair, then tapped the arm with a finger. Break the law...or go back to my boring life. He looked down at his mask, then at the computer screen. Killua slipped the mask in a drawer, as well as his gloves and the hoodie he always used. Oh fuck it, I'm doing this. If I don't I'll literally lose my damn mind.

1184 words

To be continued...