7

"You seem to be getting out of the house more and more lately Ki, what've you been doing?" Kirishima asked, just as he was opening the front door. It was now summer break, Killua hadn't told anyone about his little scouting missions. So far he'd caught 3 criminals and left them tied up in alleyways, due to the incident where he nearly got a fine for harming a villain, 'with his quirk'. He didn't just go around telling people about his quirklessness anymore, or about his amnesia. So, he'd started avoiding attention when doing it. He did this by always wearing something with a hood to conceal his face and hair. "An extracurricular activity" He joked, grinning over his shoulder.

And with that, he left. When Killua left the house, he slipped on some black gloves and pulled up his hoodie. Forensics wouldn't work if he concealed his fingerprints, and he wanted to keep doing this as much as possible. The last time he'd managed to catch somebody was a week ago, the crime rate was pretty low here. As he started doing it more often, he kept reaching further and further out. At first, his circuits had been an hour and a half all the way around, now they were three and 45 minutes. As he was just walking, he passed by a store. Killua glanced inside, then his eyes brightened slightly.

 Killua glanced inside, then his eyes brightened slightly

That mask looks sick. Holy crap. It was a store titled, 'Fandom Frenzy' that seemed to be for cosplay roleplay and such for the most part, there was all sorts of wigs and masks and clothing and strange items. The store seemed to be crowded and had an array of things that didn't go together just shrewn around. He saw a box of weird circular things, they looked like a green reptilelike eye and had a tall dark purple and blocky creature on the tag that went with them. Another was a...pinata llama looking outfit? There was also a black notebook with the words 'death note' on it next to a bloody schoolgirl uniform with a white shirt and short blue skirt that was coupled with a red bowlike hanging in the front and black stockings. It was positioned on a mannequin, said mannequin also had a knife and a black wig with a ponytail. The mannequin next to it had an orange stitched up bunny rabbit jacket looking thing with navy blue ears and a blonde wig.

There was a stuffed bear on the shelf beside it, it had a sharp toothed grin and a red eye on the black half and the white half looked like a normal teddy bear. On the same shelf, there was an array of odd animal plushies that seemed to be robots. There was a fox, a bear, a chicken, a puppet looking thing, and a rabbit. There was a giant ruler leaning on the shelf, along with a shield that had a red ring, a white ring, another red one, then a blue circle and a white star in the middle. There was also a bamboo thingie on a string hanging from a hook a few feet away as well as some katanas and a box. Killua walked into the store, as soon as he did he nearly tripped over a giant stuffed pink lion. "dammit-" He bumped his head on a circular mask with a black smiley face on it as he tried to avoid stumbling.

This might be more trouble than it's worth- when he took his 3rd step, he actually did trip, and fell with a thud. Some white glasses and a white headband fell on his head along with the mask and a hoodie. "Your gonna have a baaad time" A voice said, and he shot a glare over at the plastic skeleton with a blue glowing eye that he had tripped over. "Oh shut up" He heard a chuckle. "You good kid?" He glanced up to see a smiling blonde woman with a weird tattoo and a series golden keys hanging around her neck as well as a blue bow. "Yeah, just... this place is kind of cramped" he muttered, standing up and setting the items that fell beside an odd looking flag on a shelf that said 'MCYT' He blinked at a strange crimson...egg, on that shelf. "You got your eyes on that? It's a replica of 'the egg' from-" Killua shook his head and turned back to her. "No, I saw something in the window"

She smiled, then led him over to said window as she talked. "We have cosplay items from anywhere you can imagine. T.V shows, games, books, animated series-" Killua placed his hand on the mask, then smiled. 'Ma'am, may I try this on?" She nodded. "Sure, but you can't leave the store without paying first alright?" he nodded, then placed it on his face. Oooh, I like this. If he was going to keep going out, he needed something to cover his face right? There were lights that he could adjust and turn off as needed. All of a sudden, he heard fake gunshots going off behind a wall. "GET HIM!", "ALMOST THERE!", 'Nufufufu! Good luck with that kids" The woman sighed at his confused expression. "We have a roleplay room in the back, it's 1,500 Yen an hour if you're interested"

Killua shrugged, then slipped the mask off and gestured to it. "What's-" , "That's the sub zero in-" Killua shook his head. "What's the price? I...sorry ma'am, I don't need to know where it's from" He said, in a neutral tone. She blinked. "Oh, alright. That one's 5,464 yen" He slipped a hand into his pocket and rifled through his money. "Hmmm..." He slipped out 5,470 and handed it to her with a smile. "Keep the change ma'am, I have somewhere to be right now" She shrugged, then took his money and sifted through it real quick. "if you insist" he nodded, thanked her, then made his way out again. Killua had to skirt around a mannequin that sported a brown jacket with shield insignia containing two roses on the back. What is all this stuff? He honestly started to get curious, then glanced down at the plain mask in his hand. It's so...bland. What if I...

He glanced around the store, eyes scanning over various symbols. A strange birdlike emblem that was based around a circle, a 5 leafed clover, a strange yellow fish, a crown. Hmmm... "Something else you need?" The woman said, and he turned. "Well..." he glanced down at the mask, then sighed. "I want to customize this. Do you have...something I could use?" Her eyes brightened. "Sure!" She bobbed and weaved around more strange items, Killua followed her exact steps and managed to avoid tripping and bumping into things this time. I usually have good balance and stuff, is this store out to get me or something?

"There's all sorts of mediums. Pencils, markers, highlighters, tape, paint, papermâché, the works" She said, as they stopped at a large shelf about 10 feet high and 25 feet long filled front and back with all sorts of art supplies. Killua's eyes scanned over the options and his lips parted slightly. Damn...I need more cash. He'd only ever done art with colored pencils, pens and traditional pencils before. "For that mask I'd suggest either spray paint or acrylic. You can use tape to protect the light up sections if you want them to work properly" The woman said, gesturing to a plethora of spray cans and canisters. He nodded, then his fingers trailed over the options until they landed on a set of 25 small 2 inch spray cans with an array of colors it came with some masking tape and stencils. He checked the price, then checked his wallet and produced 1708 yen from it. "I'll take this as well"

The woman blinked, then once again checked the cash and smiled. "It's yours" He smiled back, then slipped the mask on and slung the canister pack under an arm. "Thanks! Might come back for more!" he called over his shoulder, then just barely avoided tripping over a blue skateboard with what he thought was a yeti on it. Killua managed to avoid bumping into and tripping over anything else on his way out, then he slipped his hood up and kept walking. Although now, he wasn't actually looking for crime. Instead, he was trying to find a quiet place to edit his mask. About 15 minutes later he turned down an alley, then opened the kit and set the satchel that contained his notebook and art supplies down. He leaned against the wall, grabbed some colored pencils, and started sketching.

1473 words

To be continued...