9

Killua started leaving a different piece of art every time he caught a villain, always relating to them in some way. For instance, when he caught a woman with flowing blue hair like waves. He'd drawn something akin to an ocean, then added eyes and her skin color as the sand. School was rolling back around again, Killua was dreading it. "Hey Ki, do you know how school's going to be going for this year?" He blinked, then glanced over at Kirishima. He was standing in the doorway, Killua was on the hammock in his room. Killua sighed. "Yeah, gotta be a teacher's aid. Since I tested out of every subject, and I can't take the U.A entrance exam this year because of my age, they have to keep me in middle school" Then he smiled a little. "Miss Lupech said she'd teach me as much as she could about calculus and other higher level classes during lunch though"

Kirishima rubbed the back of his head. "Still don't get how you can do calculus, man your smart" he leaned on the doorframe, then scoffed. "Well. Smart, strong, and talented. You seem to have no drawbacks, you'll make an amazing hero" Killua thought about that for a moment. The only reason I'm taking the exam is to get the license so my 'extracurricular activity' is no longer illegal. But I mean...I guess I could become a hero? "Yeah" He said, looking back down. I can start designing my costume already.

"Killua!" He blinked, then glanced to the back of the room. School had started, he was in Mr. Kalo's room for his first period of the teacher's aid. A few of the people knew him from last year and nobody wanted his help for some reason. Therefore, when someone said his name it was surprising. There was a girl with yellow pigtails in the back row, her hand raised. Killua sighed and walked over, then smiled. "Yes?" She pointed to the metamorphic rock table on her paper. "I...I don't understand how to use it" She mumbled, blushing a little in embarrassment. Killua blinked, then tapped a finger on it. "Ah, it looks complex but once you get the hang of it it's easy. Here, you start by-"

"Killua!", "Hey can you explain this for me?", "I need some help!", "What does this mean?" Suddenly people started asking him for help left and right, Killua was so busy there wasn't any time to be bored. He refrained from just straight up giving the answers, instead giving hints. A few times he had to get creative with explaining for a couple particularly slow ones but he found that he was actually having fun. Mr. Kalo was watching him work from the front, smiling a little as he watched Killua actually socialize for once. The period came to a close, and the bell rang. He stood there as the others started to leave, and to his surprise someone actually smiled and waved on their way out. That's...never happened before. Usually people sent dirty looks, smirks, or glares his way for various reasons. But...he got a smile this time, and it felt nice.

"I had only one worry about you becoming a teacher's aid" Killua blinked, then glanced over at Mr. Kalo as he collected assignments. "I thought you had quite a few" He joked. Mr. Kalo laughed, then shook his head. "I honestly didn't think you would get along with the rest of the class" Killua shrugged. "I mean...me neither to be honest" He sighed. "You always spent so much time drawing and doing your work that you never once spoke to anyone else, most of the class thought it was you being stuck up about your superior intelligence. Honestly, I used to think that way too" They...did? He frowned slightly. "Why would they think that?" Mr. Kalo gestured to him. "Whenever you answer a question, it's always in the same disinterested tone. Not only that but you never look people in the  and when you do it's with a bored expression. It comes off as kind of rude and makes you seem stuck up"

Killua thought about this for a few moments. I've never heard mom, dad, or Kiri say anything about that. Then he realized how much more differently he acted around them compared to when he was at school. "Oh, I didn't realize" Mr. Kalo smiled. "I thought so, which is why I decided to mention it to you. You're a bright student Killua, but if you keep all that brightness to yourself you'll never truly shine" Killua hummed for a moment, then was about to respond when he realized he was doing exactly what she had just told him about. I unconsciously do it, something I'll need to work on. Instead he actually smiled, nodding a little. "I'll take that to heart"

1002 words

To be continued...