3

"Killua, what is 18X29?" He didn't even look up to answer. "522" The teacher growled a little, furious. Killua had been going to school for a few months, and learned something very quickly. He was a genius. Everything was so easy, so he started to get bored in class. Killua dealt with this boredom by drawing various figures and objects, he always brought a notebook and colored pencils with him. "82X96?" His answer was instantaneous, his teachers were starting to get annoyed at him for not paying attention in class and tended to spring harder and harder questions on him. "7872" There was another slight growl. "Pay attention in class" The teacher finally said, banging a hand down on his desk. He glanced up, the rest of the class was looking at him with worry.

"I am, and I know the material" He said in a bored but not disrespectful tone. The teacher stomped over to the board and started scribbling, Killua glanced over. She turned, pointing to what she had written. "Until you can solve this problem, you have to pay atten-" His eyes scanned lazily over the problem on the board.

 "Until you can solve this problem, you have to pay atten-" His eyes scanned lazily over the problem on the board

"The answer is 3" The teacher froze, eyes wide. The class fell silent as she grabbed a calculator and started typing frantically. "I- How- that shouldn't be possible" She muttered. Killua glanced back down, then kept drawing. "I answered your question, can I draw now?" There was dead silence for a moment. "I'll be having a talk with your parents after school today" She said, then went back to teaching the class.

"he what?" Ms. Kirishima said, the teacher had her arms crossed and was standing in a conference room. "Killua, you can't just not pay attention in class-" The teacher spoke over her. "but that's not why I called you" She blinked. "Huh?" Killua kept drawing, only half paying attention. "That kid solved calculus level math in less than 60 seconds without even looking at a calculator, are you sure he's 14?" Ms. Kirishima gave him a shocked look. He shrugged. "She put a problem on the board and said I had to pay attention in class until I could solve it. I solved it" He said. She sighed. "Killua...isn't my kid. He has amnesia and could only remember a few things." The teacher didn't seem to believe her. "If he has amnesia, he shouldn't know-"

"I can remember basic knowledge and stuff, and geometry and algebra and science. I just can't remember my last name or anything else pretty much. Or maybe it's part of my quirk, that's still a mystery. I need something engaging, class is boring" He grumbled that last part. Ms. Kirishima thought for a moment. "Are all of your classes this easy?" He nodded. "Yeah, except history. History's the only one I have any issues in. I don't think I'm from Japan" The teacher looked disbelieving, and a few moments later Kirishima walked in with his backpack. "Mom? What's taking so long?" His eyes landed on Killua, then the teacher, then his mom. Confusion was written across his face.

"Killua might need to get moved up a few classes then-" He groaned. "Can I just...not go to school? Like, show up for history but nothing else?" He complained, working on the hair of the female base he was drawing. Ms. Kirishima shook her head. "you have to go to school. You can be placed in a higher class if-" The teacher shook her head. "Not for math, we don't teach calculus at this school" Kirishima gasped, running over to his chair. "Calculus?" The teacher walked over to the whiteboard and wrote out another problem. "Can you solve this one in less than 60 seconds?" He glanced up, and Kirishima started to protest after about 20 seconds. "No way man, nobody can-" He spoke in that bored tone again. "9" Both Kirishima and his mom paused with a shocked look.

The teacher grabbed her calculator and totaled up the numbers. "And he's correct. That kid's smarter than me in my own subject. One that I teach." she started, crossing her arms. "The issue at this point isn't that he's not participating in class, he's doing all the classwork with a 100% pass rate 10 minutes in at most, and then draws throughout the entire class. It wouldn't be such a problem if the other kids didn't start trying to copy him and slack off" Kirishima glanced at him with wide amazed eyes. "Then give me harder material, I don't know what else to say" He said, shrugging. The teacher's left eye twitched. "You could be a little more polite about it" She bit out. Killua glanced up, blinking. "Oh...does it sound rude? I'm not trying to be"

There was an awkward silence for a few moments. "You may be excused Killua" The teacher said. He shrugged, then slipped his notebook and colored pencils into his backpack and left the room. He walked to school every day, so he knew his way back to his house. When he got there, he entered and made his way to his room. The hammock had been moved there, and the bed was gone. He climbed into the hammock and pulled out his notebook again as he kept drawing. Damn. I'm bored. He drew all day at school, and he'd started drawing all day at home now too. Nothing really...challenged him. "Killua?" Mr. Kirishima said from the doorway. He glanced up, only to see him frowning slightly. "need something?" He sighed. "Your mother and Kirishima haven't come back yet, is there a reason?" He had taken to referring to the Kirishima's as his parents since he didn't know his own. He blinked. "Well since I'm ahead in most of my classes mom had to stay. Kiri can't get home by himself so he stayed too"

Mr. Kirishima's eyebrows raised. "Your ahead in your classes?" He sighed. "I can do calculus. Apparently that's weird, but I wouldn't know. History's the only thing I have lower than a 99% in. I'm so bored, I draw all day in class and then all day at home. Isn't there something interesting I could do?" He said that in a neutral tone, with a slight sigh at the end. Mr. Kirishima stood there for a few moments, contemplating his answer. "Well you could get outside, I'm sure you could find some sort of outdoor activity" He blinked. "Like...what?" Mr. Kirishima sighed. "You go to school, don't they have clubs? Like, track? Or football or something?" none of those sound interesting. Then his pencil stilled on the paper, he'd kept drawing that entire time but something stopped his hand's movement.

"I could... hmmm..." Killua decided not to say it out loud, he wasn't sure how he would react. What if I scout out crime or something? That fight a few months ago...it felt great. Killua closed his notebook and got out of his hammock, Mr. Kirishima smiled at him as he walked past. "Be back in a few hours Ki, call me if you get lost" He nodded. "Right dad"He slipped his hands into the pockets of his shorts and started walking the streets, making an effort to seem idle when he was actually closely observing the people around him. Anybody look suspicious? At all? Damn, I probably won't find anything anyways.

"Alright this is boring" Killua grumbled, an hour and a half later. He'd just been walking, but surprisingly he didn't feel tired. He'd taken note of the weird things. Increased pain tolerance, strength, endurance, intelligence, and that weird sixth sense like ability. One time, he'd moved out of the way of a car unconsciously and without even noticing it was coming at him. Killua walked by an alleyway, then heard something. It was a thud. He turned his head, then he heard it again. Suspicious. 

1333 words

To be continued...