Chapter 14

• Dedicated to Alexis Gunzburg

             Chapter #14  Not A Good Suprise

   I brushed by Jackson in the school hallway and smiled. He smiled back and I knew everything was good. or was it? I opened my locker and pushed my books in among the jumble of other things. I am not to organized. I turned around and jumped. "Oh! Hi Seth. You scared me." I laughed. But his expression did not move. "Is something wrong?" My laugh faded quickly and a wooried expression replaced it.

  "Yes something is very wrong. I did some l background search on Jackson. Um......lets just say, if you know what is good for you, then you should stay away from him." His expression still did not change.

  "But Seth, before I do that, what was he wanted or what did he do?" I asked imploringly.

  Seth started to walk away but I grabbed his arm and spun him around with a firm look on my face.

  "I don't just ignore people. I have to know why." He half smiled.

  "Okay, well Jackson was in Juve for seven years, and now he is wanted for possible attemted murder." He let his breath out.

  I drew mine in sharply. I shook my head. "No no no.....you are mistaken, Jackson would never do anything like that. He is so nice." I turned back to my locker. 

  But this time Seth whirled me around to face him. "He did." Then he walked away. I shook my head and stared at the floor in utter disbelief. Just then a familiar pair of Nike Sneakers came into my veiw. Jackson! My head shot up to see his radiating smile. "Hi again Akiane." This time his voice was strangely sly......or what else was that tone I did not recognize?

  The halls started to empty as everyone walked to class. I was going to be late. "I....I have to go Jackson." I tried to walk past him. But he pushed my back against my locker and caged me in with his arms. 

  "But then I would not be able to have any fun with you." He smiled but his eyes were dark with hate and his voice dripped with slyness. I tried to push him away.

  "Aww. The little baby is so feeble." He said laughing. I cringed. But I knew I had to stand up to him. He straightened. I took the chance to dart out the side, but he grabbed my arm.

  "Where are you going babe? We just were starting to have fun." He smiled that menacing smile again. 

  "Jackson, let me go now. You will regret this!" I tried to stay firm but he noticed the breaking in my voice.

  "What are you going to do about it?" He mimicked in a girly voice. He pushed my hard up against the locker and pushed his body against me. I couldn't breathe. I knew he could feel my heart beting, I felt like it was going to pulse out of my chest any second.

  Just then I spotted a movement near the door. Seth! I had to keep Jackson distracted. "At least I'm not the one who was used and trashed a zillion times." I said sarcasticly. 

  I could literally see the flames burst in his eyes. I looked over and saw Seth qiuetly approaching him from behind. 

  "What would you know about that?" He Jckson hissed in my ear.

  "Enough to know that you were the  one who made that phone call, and you are wanted for attempted murder." I retorted quickly. Seth was almost here. I had to only stall Jackson for a little longer.

  He ran his hands up my sides to my ribcage.  "Well, I guess you will have to come with me. I cannot have you telling on me. Can I?" I gasped. Then smiled and burst out laughing.

  "Oh, I don't think so." I said. His confusion lasted only for a minute when suddenly he was knocked out cold and fell to the floor. Seth stood there for a moment, then came towards me. I collapsed in his arms sobbing.