Chapter 2

Chapter 2    The Coffee Shop And Jackson

  A large majority of the boys at Cougar High were pretty hot. But most of them just wanted to get inside the girls pants and then leave her alone. 

Nobody would even consider me.  I mused as I drove down the raod. Just then my phone beeped. 

Hm? Thats weird. An unknown number. I picked it up and looked at the text. It was from Jackson. One of the hottest guys in school. He was a Quarter Back on the football team.

Hey Akiane. Was just wonderin, wanna meet somewhere?-Jackson

I gasped and pressed reply.

Um sure. Where? bout anywhere would suit me-Akiane

A waited a few minutes and nothing happened. Then he replied.

Oh, srry 4 the late reply, have to drive my little bro to soccer practice. Um, would the coffe shop on the corner work?-Jackson

Yep. sure thing. see u there. :)-Akiane

I giggled and shreiked. "YES YES! JACKSON....." My laughter faded away. How did I know he did not just want to sleep with me? Would he actually do that? No. He would not.  I kept on comforting myself. I pulled in the small parking lot and got my purse. I checked my self in the mirror hoping I looked profitable. 

Well, I guess he has not even asked me out yet. so.....what the point of worrying?  I thought.  I quickly brushed up my red hair with a compact brush I had in my glove compartment and sat back and waited.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  10 minutes later, Jackson still had not shown up. I was begginning to get impatient. Just then my phone started ringing. it was a call. From Jackson!

 "Hello?" I said as I lifted the phone up to my ear.

 "Oh hi Akiane! So sorry I could not make it to the coffee shop. I forgot to tell you. I have football practice. Is that okay? I am super sorry!" He did not sound to sorry.

 "Um I guess. Okay, um.....bye." I hung up. "DANGIT" I was looking forward to this. Oh well, if I was at the coffee shop I might as well, get a coffee. I walked in looked up and the menu. Suddenly, a small sign by the cash register caught my eye. 

Now hiring! It read. Hm, I could try out for the job. This looked like fun. I pressed the bell on the counter. A young teenager came to the chash register. 

"Hi. How may I help you today?"

"Well, actually, I noticed you were hiring. Would you happen to have the place open?" I asked.

"Well, you could talk to our manager. I am sure he would know." She smiled. "Oh, by the way, incase you are planning on being my coworker, my name is Rayne." I smiled.

 "Okay Rayne. Nice to meet you." I laughed and head towards the door labeled Manager.