Chapter 9

• Dedicated to Audrey Kauffman

                                   Chapter #9  No Regrets

  I had just flopped on my back to my bed when my phone rang. I groaned. It still wouldn't shut up even when I needed peace. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID. Seth Turner. I was ashamed. I knew I had to answer though. I hit the recive button and knew I was going to regret it.

  "Hey Akaine, did something happen? You still are not here." He sounded genuinely worried.

  I groaned silently. "Im sorry I can't come."

  He sighed. "Are you afraid I am going to be like Jackson?" He asked. But it was not impatiently.

  "Yeah....I guess so." I hesitantly admitted. I fingered the bottom of my sweatshirt I had thrown over my shoulders. 

  He chuckled. I was thinking, what the heck is so funny? I just got my heart broken and you are laughing?!  But he must have realized that my silence menat NOT FUNNY in my language. And he was right.  "Sorry. But listen, I...I....I love you." He blurted out. I gasped.

 This man loved me? I was astounded. "Well, I....um.....In that case, be right there." A broad smile crossed my face as I yelled down the steps for my mom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I walked out the door 5 minutes later and stepped into my car. I had to admit, my mom DID know her way around makeup. I was still feeling warm inside and jittery about what Seth had said as I turned the key in the ignition. The car started up and quickly warmed. 

 As I drove along I thought of all my life had done to me. Here I was, 18, almost done school for the rest of my life, and sad as a girl could be. But why did my heart seem like something had taken Jacksons place? Maybe thats because something or someone had. Seth Turner. A man whom I knew I could trust with my every secret, heartache, heartbreak.

 I knew deep down that we were meant for eachother.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Three minutes later I pulled into the parking lot of a very upclass resturant I did not even know existed in this little drabby town. Or so I thought. Suddenly, I remembered the job I had applied for. They had never called me back. I pulled into the empty parking space two spaces down from Seths black jeep.

 I turned the car off and grabbed my purse.

Deep breath Akiane, Deeeeep breath. Every thing is going to be alright. I breathed deep. Somehow I knew tonight was not and original night out. I knew for once everything was going to be okay.

 As I walked through the doors Seth greeted me with a huge smile and signaled to the waiter. She came over and told us to follow her.