Chapter 7

Chapter 7   He Says He's Sorry

  I jolted awake to find the bright morning un streaming through my window. "Oh my gosh. What time is it?" I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and almost broke a nail off in my haste to turn my phone on. "I was supposed to meet jackson 10 minutes ago!" I jumped out of bed but stopped short when his message started playing.

 "Hey Akiane! I know you probably counldn't make it but I just wanted to let you know what I was going to say. I have to.....um....we....are not going to work.......I am sorry. Don't call back.....goodbye." My heart was thudding and my head was pounding. He just...did he just..yes he....OH MY GOSH.

  I burst out crying. I glanced up momentarily to throw my phone across the room with all the might  I had.  I heard mom coming up that stairs.

 Great....she probably heard the thump and knows something is wrong. Oh great God. WHY WHY WHY me? Now I have to go back to school and face him for what we were. My mom knocked on my door. "Honey? Are you okay? I am worried about you."

  I choked back the tears. "Yeah mom. Be right down!" I yelled back.   I buried my face in my pillow. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "Wait, so he just said...Oh my gosh. I cannot believe he would do that to you! Akiane, there is something I have to tell you, I saw him with Natasha this morning. They were taking a walk through the park."

 I groaned and rolled over. Why did Rayne have to tell me that?  Now I would have to wait through the torturous weekend and then go back to face all I did and I would have to face.........him.     

  My life was hard enough as it was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  I awoke to the inccesant ringing of my alarm cloack on a dreary monday morning. 

Wow, this fits my mood perfectly. I thought as I sat up in bed thinking of the two people I had to face. 

I drove to school and slowly got out. I picked up my backpack with much less vigor than yesterday and walked with my head down towards the door so nobody would see the tears streaming down my face. I stumbled into someoneand almost fell but their strong hands held me firm.

 My head snapped up and I gasped. I let go of his hand and stood up. he was a tall blonde haired mam with sparkly turqoise eyes.  "Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. Did I hurt you?" He asked very worriedly.

 I tried to smile amidst all the running mascara and heartbreak. "No I'm fine." I spluttered.  Oh why do I always make a fool of myself?   "I'm Akiane. And you are?" I asked.

 "Oh, Seth Turner. Im new here. Here let me help you to class. You look like you were crying. Whats the matter?" He asked.

 "Oh its nothing...I..Well, its a long story. Jackson Mead.....Oh never mind." I said. "I got over him" Oh shut up Akiane. No you did not.

 He nodded understandingly. Then he looked at me in the eyes. Everything stopped and the world around us turned blank. It was us....in a big open space. I was jolted back to reality when someone walked by and bumped me on the shoulder. Hard. 

 I turned to see Natasha and Jackson standing there. "Oh hi Natasha. Good job on finding your new boyfriend. He should come with a warning sticker." I said curtly before she could say anything mean.

 She cocked an eyebrow as if to say, "Oh really" I knew she was trying to be tough but she was curious. I could tell.  "What do you mean?" She finally asked.

 "He left me for you. So who knows who hes gonna leave you for." I laughed and walked away Seth on my heels. She frowned and yelled after me.

 "Yeah...Well...he left you because he saw me and loved me." The tears stung. I tried to push them back. I stumbled in my haste to act brave and get away from her.