Chapter 13

Chapter #13   Unforgiving

  Ding dong. The door bell rang announcing Seth. I ran to the door almost tripping over my own feet. "Hey!" His face lit up when he saw me.

 "You look beautiful tonight. May I have the honors of escorting you to the car Ma'dame?" He asked sarcastically. I laughed.

  'Of course Monsieur." I held out my hand and he took it. "its so good to see you again. I missed you lots and after that phone call I got, I thought I would never see you again!" He smiled. 

  "With that over, can we enjoy the evening?" We both laughed.

***

  We had arrived and were seated looking at the menus when Seth said something. "Hey, um.....can I see your phone for a second?" I was puzzled.

  "Sure?" I chuckled. "What for?" He stopped.

  "Well, okay. So you know how Jackson was mad when you left him?" I frowned. 

  "Wait what? HE broke up with ME. Did he seriously tell you that? Oh my gosh." I was worried all of a sudden. I reached over and took a sip of my warm Latte, holding still as the warm contents rushed down my throat and warmed my suddenly chill body.

  "Yeah. I always thought that was how it went. Anyhow, I got some info and turns out the mysterious caller is......Jackson. He always seemed like a jerk though." He took a long sip of his water.

  I was dissapointed. How could, I mean, would he actually do this to me? Obviously. I did not like him. But seems to me, me and him were going to have to have a talk. Seth called me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

  "Akiane, don't worry about him right now. Lets just enjoy this meal." He chuckled and it warmed me. It made me feel safe. Was it that obvious I was worried about what jackson might do to me? Or him? Must have been. WOW. I am like an open book. I laughed at the thought. Seth looked up at me quizzically.

__________________________________________________________________________

   I walked into my bedroom, threw my purse onto the bed and flopped backwards onto the bed. I laid there for a few minutes. Then I picked up my phone. I clicked new message and began typing.

__________________________________________________________________________

  My phone began ringing. I glanced at it from where I was sitting. Oh God. Help me please! It was Jackson. I picked up and hesitated. If I answer it, what if he threatens me? Wait a minute, why was that number that HE called me marked as "Unknown"? I am so confused. Wait a minute.......

  "Hello? This is Akiane." I said slowly. I glad that no one could hear my heart beating. But Jackson sounded okay. And no more threatening calls.

  "Hey Akiane. Im sorry, I hurt you, I um...........would you ever consider taking me back? Please?" He sounded like he had been crying.

  A moment of pity lingered in my heart then I knew I could not take him. I burst out sobbing. "No Jackson. I cannot take you back."

  "Please Akiane, I can...." but I interupted him.

  "Jackson, this is the only time that I am............unforgiving." I wiped away my tears harshly and hung up.