Epilogue 1 - Love Story

hi. you are probably going to read that first sentence of this and know exactly what is coming. like, EXACTLY. all i have to say is that it had to happen. have fun!

he knelt to the ground

ONE MONTH LATER - AUGUST 2019

BROOKLYN'S POV

TW: EMETOPHOBIA

I woke up this morning and was booking it to the bathroom within seconds because I knew I was going to throw up. I've never been prone to doing so before, so I'm not sure what it was about today that sent my stomach into a spiral.

The last time I ate out was a few days ago, so I don't think this could be food poisoning. Stomach bug? I wonder if anyone I know is sick too.

I stayed slumped against the bathroom wall for twenty minutes after I initially threw up incase I felt like I was going to do it again, but nothing came.

I'm glad Harry isn't here to see this because he would act like I'm dying, and even though it sort of feels like it, I know this is probably just a one time thing. I'll be over it by the time he gets home later. I was up with him earlier before he left for the studio, but I must have fallen back asleep. Which is also unlike me. They were doing a morning studio session instead of this afternoon, because one of the producers had to go pick up his kids from school or something.

I'm probably good to get up at this point, but I'm paranoid that the second I'm far enough away from the bathroom, things will go downhill again.

This is sort of ironic because I was at lunch with Devin last week and felt nauseous then, so I didn't eat what I normally would. She joked about me being pregnant, of all things, and I almost dumped my water on her head. She still thinks she's right, seeing as two days ago she came over with pregnancy tests from the drug store and forced me to keep them because she 'had a feeling.'

I wasn't nauseous the next day or the next day or the next. I stuffed the tests in the cabinet where Harry wouldn't see them and moved on. But now here we are. Nauseous.

God, can you imagine? If I actually was pregnant? The thought is too big for me to even begin to wrap my head around at all in the slightest. I haven't even thought about having a baby. We haven't even talked about kids like I feel couples normally do before having them.

But, sometimes couples don't talk about it. Sometimes it just happens.

Okay, no. I can't think about this. I have emails to read and reply to, and later I have x-rays to run on turtles at the rescue center.

I am not pregnant.

If I took a test, I could confirm that, and–

No, there's no reason for a test because I'm not pregnant. I would be wasting it.

I stand up. I get a little dizzy, but disregard it. The taste in my mouth is foul, so the entire time I brush my teeth, I stare at myself in the mirror thinking I am not pregnant.