Wildest Dreams

say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress staring at the sunset, babe

BROOKLYN'S POV

"Go. Now. Run!"

We bolt.

I'm apologizing to everyone we pass and hit in the shoulder or arm, causing them to almost lose their drinks as we weave through everyone on the upper deck to get to the stairs that lead towards our ticket to not getting caught.

We stumble down the stairs and I take the chance to glance behind us, and I see the man at the top of the staircase. How special does this guy think he is that he needs to chase a couple kids out of his big fancy boat? He ruined our fun, and now I kind of wish I did spill my drink on him earlier.

"Go, go, go!" I yell at Harry as we reach the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm going!" He yells back rather chaotically, and I'm spewing apologies again at all of the people we basically knock over.

This feels like a scene out of a goddamn coming of age movie; all that's missing is the chaotic music in the background and the getaway car that we'd drive.

"Excuse us! Sorry!" I hear Harry yell through a laugh, and then I laugh as well because what the hell are we doing? Thank god for the alcohol in our veins right now, or else I'd be way more worried and paranoid.

"Almost there!"

I can see the boardwalk from the outdoor platform of the yacht that we climbed onto mere hours ago. Even though we're almost there and there's no sign of the crazy dude, Harry doesn't slow down, and when we reach the safety of the boardwalk, he keeps running.

"Oh my god, you can slow down!" I yell through a laugh, and he slows to a stop and we're both completely out of breath.

"Sorry." He breathes out, his chest rising up and down with every breath he takes. "Well he was a fucking asshole."

"I can't believe I– I almost ruined the owner of the yacht's suit. He looked like he would've crucified me."

"Pretentious fucker." Harry mumbles while shaking his head. "But Jesus, that was exhilarating."

"Right?" I'm breathing heavily as well.

"But I can't believe we lost."

"You know there was no actual prize, right?"

"Yes, but I still wanted to win."

"This means that Devin and Zayn won."

"Lucky bitches."

"Where are the others?"

We've finally caught our breaths a bit now.

"I have no idea. Do you wanna go home?"

"Hell no. I'm just wondering."

"They're more than likely fine. So let's go find our next adventure." He states matter-of-factly, standing up straight and swinging his arm over my shoulders.

"Where?"

"Great question."

"Okay but no more running."

"Fine." He rolls his eyes playfully.

He starts walking, immediately stumbling on his feet and giggling. The buzz in his system clearly hasn't died off, and I feel like mine hasn't either, so part of me thinks the two of us should not be authorized to be on our own right now. But who cares. I follow him further in on the boardwalk, knowing he definitely doesn't know where he's going, but neither do I.