Message in a Bottle

i'm reachin' for you, terrified

BROOKLYN'S POV

"Give me a sneak peek."

"No."

"Do it. I know you want to."

"No."

"What's the first single called?"

"No."

"What's the album called?"

"Not telling you."

"Stop being boring!"

"The anticipation will be fun!"

"Do I look like I'm having fun?"

I lean down and pick up a handful of wet sand, chucking it at Harry as he stands and looks at me like he's disappointed in me.

"I feel like you'd be the type of person to read the last page of the book first." He says.

"...I did that when I read Harry Potter."

He smiles and shakes his head. "Well, you're not getting spoilers this time and my lips are sealed."

"Boring."

"I like boring."

"You don't say?" I tilt my head sarcastically, hands on my hips as he shakes his head at me.

"You are asking for it." He sighs, grabbing me by the waist again and dropping me into the water for, like, the fourth time today. I let myself sink towards the bottom for a second before swimming to the surface in the slightly shallow water.

"Hide your phone, or I'm gonna call Niall and get my answers from him."

"You do know you are the least intimidating person I've ever met, right?"

"...I would drop you in the water if I could too."

"Mhmm, I'm sure you would."

I kick the water on him and roll my eyes, fighting the smile that's threatening to break through the surface as I retreat back up onto the sand. It's almost completely dark outside, the sun having set since we got here around dinner time. We simply hung out at the cafe all day and decided to end the day here.

I squeeze the excess water out of my hair before collapsing down on the layers of towels on the sand, reaching blindly into my bag and pulling out a bag of grapes to temporarily soothe the hungry ache in my stomach.

"You know," I hear Harry's voice again as he slowly comes up on the sand, "because I'm such a nice person," he sits down next to me and I turn my head to see him grabbing his guitar that he brought and situating it in his lap, "I'll play my favorite from the album. A snippet of it."

"Or the whole thing?"

"A snippet."

"Fine."

He smiles, beginning to play a very soft, low melody on the strings. It's a melody that matches the aura of the soft waves and the beach perfectly, and I get the immediate feeling that this is going to be my favorite song on the new album too. Although, I do have a very soft spot for 'Something Great' already.

"Written in these walls are the stories that I can't explain...I leave my heart open but it stays right here empty for days..." Harry begins to sing very softly to match his guitar playing, looking out onto the water as he does so. I suddenly stop all of my movement and listen intently.