London Boy

❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀

met all of his best mates

❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀

ONE WEEK LATER

BROOKLYN'S POV

Nobody has come into the cafe for an hour now and I'm bored. I'm at the piano trying to remember the little bit of 'Something Great' that Harry taught me, but I keep forgetting this one note and it's annoying.

It would be less annoying if Harry was actually here, but I left him this morning when he was still asleep so I could come into work. I knew he wasn't going to wake up in time to come with me because when does he ever wake up at the expected hour, but it's almost lunchtime and I'm getting impatient. I texted him a few minutes ago but I haven't received a response, so that probably only means one thing.

Devin is supposed to come and keep me company sooner than later, but she never gave me an exact time.

It's me, the piano, and an endless supply of muffins until then.

I would make more muffins to pass time but I think Stevie would kill me if I used all of that flour in one day.

If this isn't a perfect representation of what my life was like before Harry dropped in, I don't know what is.

Standing up from the piano, I walk around the bar to grab a rag and some cleaning spray because the tables can never be too clean. Or I'm just trying to convince myself I'm being productive.

Just as I'm about to clean the first table, the jingle of the bell above the door startles me and I see Harry walking in quickly, a look of concern on his furrowed face that makes me concerned.

"What's wrong?" I immediately ask, standing up straight and putting everything down on the table.

"How do you feel about surprises?" He asks, approaching me and stopping just a few feet in front of me.

"Uh, I can't say I hate them. It depends. Why?"

"I have a surprise for you."

"Then why do you look all concerned?"

"Because I fear I may have made a grave mistake."

"Wh–"

The door opens again, making my eyes turn towards it and subsequently towards what I'm convinced is Harry's surprise. Naturally, my jaw hits the floor.

"Mate, are you sure this is the right place?"

"I followed the stupid GPS, I don't know. This is the address Harry gave me."

"Oi, is there a bloody bathroom in here? That drive was longer than I thought."

Oh. My. God.

I'm not physically moving out of pure shock, but my eyes go back to Harry, back to who just walked in, and back to Harry. He looks at me, rolling his lips into a line and then hesitantly smiling.

"Surprise...?"

"Look at this place, no wonder he talks about it so much. Fucking adorable, it is."

"Brooke, this is Liam, Niall, Louis, and Zayn. Boys...this is Brooklyn."

Oh. My. God.

All four of the boys say hello, all of their accents sounding so much more British in person than they do in interviews or in their songs.