Saving a Researcher

Start from the beginning

A large white glowing circle encompasses you. You quickly shove the grimoire into the vortex and prepare yourself.

The circle then dissipates, an immense amount of air strikes your back, thrusting you forward like a bullet.

Y/n: "HOLLLLYYYY SHHHHHIIIITTTTT"

-Timeskip, brought to you by Chibi Y/n crashing into a forest-

Outskirts of Tuum, Egestas Forest

We can see Y/n sprawled out in a out in some leafless tree branches.

[Snap!]... The branch can no longer hold your weight and it gives out.... [Crash]

Y/n: "...fuck me" As Y/n lifts himself from the floor, brushing himself off, making sure his laptop is still in one piece. "Thank fuck for demonic beast leather." As he looks at his satchel intact.

He looks towards the other trees in the forest he landed in. Many other trees have broken branches, from past 'transportation methods'.

Y/n: "Ok... left, now let's hurry before anything else-" [Squeal] And he's immediately cut off.

Y/n: "I would contemplate whether going to where screams are is a good idea buuuuuuuut, I'd probably end up going either way, I am the helpful demon, after all."As Y/n dashes off to the sound.

He gets to the source, a red furred demon wolf corneri-

Y/n: "AN ANGEL!? THE FUCK! You know what it's fine I can ask questions later Gi Sfaíra" Dust starts gathering at your fingertips, each particle bonding together with each other, until they become small sharp stones and are launched at the wolf's hip.

No POV

The wolf staggers forward slightly and looks back at there attacker to see nobody there.

An incantation is heard "Dimiourgía: xýlino tóxo" The wolf looks towards where his first prey was to see a demon holding the angel by the waist, a book floating by his head.

The Demon seems to grab a long symmetrical branch from the tree, weirdly no snapping sound is made.

"Pávla" The demon speaks again jumping into the trees above him with the angel in his arms and a rush of air behind them.

A short silence commences, branches creak above the beast, as it stands stoic silently growing, staring above looking through the branches trying to find its prey.

The silence is broken as the whisper of an arrow pierces the air, hitting the beasts hind leg barely piercing the skin.

The beast retaliates using it front claw to form a slash of flame to push through the air to the direction of the source of the arrow.

The fire breaks through the branches of the trees, but a shadowy figure dodges jumping from branch to branch, as the wolf compensates with more slashes.

A silent incantation is spoken and as the next fire slash is launched, it is pushed right back into the monsters eyes, dazing it.

The demon takes its chance, he grabs an arrow, puts his thumb on the tip "Dilitírio" A dark green light glows on the tip as a sticky green liquid slithers down the arrow, he nocks the arrow in the bow, he breathes slowly and deeply... and let's go.

The arrow leaves the bow and as if dancing dodges all the branches, and shortly enters the hounds eye.

The monster whines in pain as it's knees bend unwillingly, it whimpers at the pain, until it finally shuts its eye.