III Lance's P.O.V

Começar do início

"What happened Ash?" I sighed and internally cursed when he flinched at my tone. "Sorry, Ash, I didn't mean it as it sounded. I'm just worried and tired of Legendaries dragging you into trouble. I do not blame you."

His smile became more real. I slowly entered the open bath and slide next to him. He rapidly cuddled to my side, as Litten and Pikachu moved to his other side. I sighed and relaxed, as the warm water soothed my weary muscles. Flying on Scales, no matter how used I am, from Kanto to Sinnoh had not been my best idea. I could have easily used a Psychic-type Pokemon hired by the Indigo League to teleport me here... but I needed time to digest everything that had happened. Having to find out about the battle through the news was hard. Especially, during Pikachu and Tapu Koko's fight.

That one was intense...

"You will know in due time what I did. You will see it in due time. You will feel in due time." Ash sighed, raising his z-ring to show me the electrium-z. "The path you are on is a treacherous one, but with your friends and Pokemon by your side, you can make it. Until we meet again. That's what Tapu Koko said, before leaving and after doing something to the z-crystal."

"That was..." I stumbled trying to find the right words.

"Cryptic as Distortion World," Ash finished for me. "Welcome to my world."

"We believe that the Tapus meant to help us against Team Galactic, in case they succeed summoning the Legendaries." Riley explained. "From what we've learned during the Festival, in Alola the Kahunas act as the representatives of the Tapus. Their power is given after being chosen and accepted by them. The islands trials are tests to see if one is worthy of using Alola's power to become stronger. So, the Tapus coming here meant that they were trying to help Ash gain more power for what's to come."

"The question is, what is to come?" I thought out loud. "Are they simply trying to aid Ash, to make his journey as the Chosen One easier? Or do they know that something specific that we don't know of yet?"

"Is it linked to me? To Team Galactic? To Team Rocket? To Alola? To Tobias?... Or maybe all of the above?" Ash sighed.

I could see this was weighing on him, he clearly looked quite tired. However, I did not have any answers for him. I'll try to find something in my family's archives, but until then we'll have to wonder what the gods meant.

"What else brings you here?" Riley asked, his eyes flashing blue with aura for a second. "You are not just here to check on Ash."

"Let's just say that the whole arceusdamn world is losing their heads over the fight of Ash against the Tapus." I answered, truthfully. "For now, Lorelei is answering in Ash's name for the Orange Islands, I am doing the same in Kanto and Johto, I asked for Steven to do so in Hoenn and Cynthia has your back in Sinnoh. Luckily, Unova and Kalos are far away from mind about it. Galar never cared about what happens beyond their borders and Alola has Professor Kukui to question. Not to mention that those islands never question the decisions of their gods. Which worryingly on its own, works on our favor right now."

"I'll need to have another conference, won't I?" Ash sighed, he's been doing that a lot; not that I blamed him.

"It's not that easy this time, Ash." I felt bad for being the bearer of bad news, but he needed to be told.

"What do you mean?" He inquired, fearfully.

"What you did when you captured Hunter J was big... but at the end of the day you are an Ace Ranger and it's in your job description." I started my explanation. "No one knows about your help in various Legendary problems worldwide. Until..."

"Until now," Ash completed for me.

"Yes, until now," I repeated. "This is bigger than you can imagine, Ash. You just proved that there's a way to fight against Legendaries, even if they do not go all out, and come out as the winner. People will want to know more about it and it won't be long before someone stumbles over the fact that many major disasters were fixed with you around. They will, they are demanding to know."

"Will we have to tell people about me being The Chosen One?" Ash asked me afraid.

"No," I assured him firmly. Just shuddering at the idea of how many cults and religions would raise in response to that specific piece of news. "We'll try to come up with something. Until then do not answer any questions about what happened. The conference will be in Alola, as it was their gods that created this mess, and there will be reporters from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and, of course, Alola. There will be a lot of coverage of this, there is a lot of it right now. So, try to keep a low profile for now. Cynthia and I will be at the conference, alongside the Kahunas and Professor Kukui. You can bring Dawn and Riley with you too. It will be a nice vacation."

"I don't know if I'll enjoy that as much as I would have before," he commented.

He wasn't wrong either. If here they were crazy about it, how would the people whose gods chose Ash as a champion react to his presence?

"Whatever happens I'll have your back Ash," I assured him, as my hold on him tightened.

He will not go through this on his own, I promised myself.

As I looked at Riley I could see he was thinking the same thing. This time around Ash will have allies on his corner. He will have his Order.