(Ch. 8) Battle Trials

Previously: I'm not going home! Yay! But Izuku is in last place, Sensei wouldn't actually expelled him just for evaluation. Would he?

Aizawa: "I was kidding about the expulsion thing, everyone is fine. I just said that so you would give it your all."

Bakugo: "You didn't... not like that." He started walking away and I let him. I'll have time when I come home.

Now all I have to do is get used to seeing him and my bitch of a cousin." I put on my pajamas so that I can sleep comfortably for tomorrow's classes.

Now:

Today we're doing battle trials which means we get to wear our hero costumes. My hero costume was something I never thought about until I started my hero course. When I asked Izuku if he had one he started blushing and stuttering.
~Flashback~
"It can't be that embarrassing. I don't even know where to start with mine." I whined while pouting at Izu from across the dinner table. We were talking about the hero costume forms that we had to turn in.

Izuku: "W-well, I mean, it's just that I drew it in elementary school a-and it probably looks dumb by now s-so I don't think you should- hey!" While he was talking I snatched his notebook and ran from him as he chased me around the house. Imagine Ponyo running around Sasuke's place, that's how I was running from him while flipping through the pages. He was begging me to give his journal back but I wouldn't until I found what I was looking for. Finally I found his costume sketch and stopped in from of the table. "Hehe, it's not embarrassing it's cute! I can tell you took inspiration from All Might."
~End of Flashback~
The class is now wearing their suits and standing outside the training building. My costume felt amazing, it basically looked like a rocker's outfit. I had this guitar made to help channel my energy, so that when I play it can boost my power. While All might was explaining the exercise, my eyes wondered the crowd for a little bit trying to find Deku. Green rabbit ears stood out to me, heh I knew it would be him. Tuning back in I caught the end of the explanation, partners will be assigned by number.

All Might: "Seeing that we are an odd numbered class, a student from class 1-B will be joining us today." Student with a sort of medieval bard costume stands beside All Might. "This is Kamiya Yumi."

They had to choose her out of everyone in that class? Seriously? She gives me a cocky look and gives Bakugou a kind smile. He seems to also be smiling...

(Izuku's POV)

Her cousin is here. I hope (Y/n) can focus while she's here, seeing how she's still trying to get over him.

All Might: "Now, everyone will be broken up into teams of two."

~time skip to when Bakugou and Izuku are battling~

(Your POV)

Woaaah! Seeing Izu in action is amazing! He was able to bring Kacchan to the ground! He has gotten stronger from the training, so cool! I giggled to myself and kinda got some attention from the others.

Kaminari: "oooh, someone likes Midoriya." The boy with yellow hair noticed my giggles.

Kirishima: "C'mon man, don't tease her on stuff like that." The kid with red hair stood up for me, how nice of him. "Sorry about him."

"No it's okay, I don't mind. He's my childhood friend so it's just cool to see him like that." I can feel the heat on my cheeks, oh boy. Looking back at the screen, I continue observing the exercise to see what I could do differently. Several minutes passed, Bakugou went AWOL and started gunning for Izuku. There was no sound though, only All Might could hear what was going on. The cameras showed Bakugou aiming his grenade and pulling the pin... I couldn't help him this time... The smoke clears and he's alive! I fell to my knees in relief, but someone caught me. Looking up, it was the red-haired boy.

Kirishima: "Whoaa, are you okay?!"

"Y-yeah, I'm okay. I thought Midoriya died, his blasts are... they've burned me before." My eyes welled up and I couldn't think straight as I stood up on my own. The screen showed the continuing events, Uraraka was holding onto a pillar right above where Izu was on the floor below. Izuku began to prepare an attack while Bakugou charged his. Izu punched upwards and destroyed the floor above to create an improvised power move with Uraraka's quirk, but in doing so he was unable to dodge that damn hot-head's attack. Damn it Deku.

Kamiya: "What are you whining about? Your precious 'friend' got baked and he's still breathing. Baku wouldn't kill anyone, not even his childhood friend."

"You... you act like you don't care about Midoriya. I know you do, that's why you... that's why you stole Bakugou away, isn't it? If you liked him so much then why don't you confess to him, huh?" Her face showed it all, she's still hiding the fact that she has a crush on Izu every day. That shocked look and silence gave her away.

All Might: "That's enough you two, this is not the time to be fighting. Young Ishikawa(your last name), you may visit young Midoriya after your training exercise."

"Thank you, sir! I'm sorry for the outburst." Bakugou walks in looking devastated along with Iida and Uraraka. Rage flooded my mind looking at him, but I decided to think rationally and leave him alone.

~Time skip to the battle exercise~

I was teamed up with Kamiya for the exercise. She wanted me to sit outside and do nothing while she does all the work. Just like Bakugou, she makes everyone's moment her own. "I'm coming with you whether you like it or not!" She disappeared into the building and soon after I heard her scream. "Kamiya!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know that helping Kamiya is against everyone's feelings but leaving family to die is out of the question. Thank you so much for reading, please vote if you liked the chapter and comment anything you like, but be nice please. I'll see you in the next chapter! Buh-Bye!