Exam Start! (Ch. 5)

On the morning of the UA entrance exam, before waking up to get ready for the big day... I had another dream. This one had me placed in our current school and I was in the hallways. I was walking through when I was stopped by.. Bakugo? 

~Dream land~

Bakugo: "Hey, y'know you're still mine right?" He had me against the wall with his arm next to my head to keep me from running away.

"But you're with someone else now, you left without a word to me. How could I still be yours if you don't even speak to me like you used to." Looking down, I see his and my feet until my vision becomes blurry. I was crying, again. I feel his finger under my chin as he lifts my head to meet my eyes.

Bakugo: "I was just playing with her, you're the one for me." He moves in closer to my face, leaning in for a kiss. When he's close enough for me to feel his breath, the scene fades to black as I wake up. My face felt wet, I realized I cried in my sleep but woke up happy. Another realization hit that he still left me and that he wasn't coming back.

~Back to the exam~

The alarm sounds and everyone books it into the simulated city.

"Oh crap!" I start running with Izuku tagging a little behind.

"I'll take this left okay?! Good luck!" I take a left turn as I hear his footsteps fade behind me. Okay, now where are those robots? Suddenly the ground shakes and there's a giant robot in front of me. My nerves are racked but I suck it up.

"There's no time! The city's in danger!" I should use my new ability and I also need to let out some steam from earlier. Seeing them together like that made my stomach churn and my heart ache. I know the perfect song too.

Tonight, my head is spinning
I need something to pick me up
I've tried nothing is working
I won't stop, I won't say I've had enough

I feel power course through me as I've met a new spirit that has come to my aid. His name is Okumura Kuragari (meaning: darkness) and he seems to be on par with Kimi-chan in terms of power, yet he's so dark and brooding. Hehe, let's get going!

Tonight, I start the fire
Tonight, I break away

Jumping high into the air to meet the robot face to face, I channel the power borrowed from him into my fist and punch the robot making it smash to pieces. More robots come into my view as I'm falling through the air. I sprout raven like wings, "woah, thank you!" Flying through the air I continue my song.

Break away from everybody
Break away from everything
If you can't stand the way this place is
Take yourself to higher places

It feels so good to let off this steam, but then a bunch of smoke appeared from nowhere. I looked behind me and saw the robot worth 0 points. I was speechless at the sight of it, it was massive. Where does this school get all this freaking money?! Looking down I see the other examinees running away from the giant foe.

A few of them were of the floor. One of them was Izuku and he had terror in his eyes. I've always hated that look on his face. I started heading over there as soon as possible while trying to figure out a way to incapacitate the kaiju of a robot, but something happened that made me stop in my tracks. Izuku flew through the air and single-handedly demolished the robot.

Something felt off after he defeated the enemy and started falling. His legs and arm, they're jiggly like the tails of tadpoles. They're broken?! Again, without thinking I speed towards him aiming to catch him. I can see he's trying to find the best solution on how to survive his current problem.

"Gotcha!"

I caught him. He was safe. 

~Meanwhile, in the teachers office~

All the teachers were looking at the examinees performances and giving points for what they saw. Present Mic was amazed to see (Y/n)'s quirk and how she's able to apply it to her situation. Other teachers agreed and were impressed with how she handles the situation. They also gave save points for when she saved a student from being injured. The teachers all agreed along with principal Nezu that (Y/n) will accepted into UA high.

~After the exam~

(Deku's POV)

After being caught by (Y/n), I felt a little embarrassed by having to have her save me. It's not that I'm ungrateful to her, I just feel like I should be stronger for her. She looked different when I saw her though, she had raven-like wings and her eyes were black with white irises. She honestly looked like something out of a folktale, but she still looked beautiful regardless of what she looks like. She always brings a smile to my face.

Although she makes me smile, it doesn't negate the fact that I completely bombed the exam. Working out is helping me clear my head while I process what happened during the exam. The next few days consisted of (Y/n) coming over to cheer me up and talk about what happened to her during the exam. She wanted me to update her page in my journal, I don't why she likes the fact that I do. I'm surprised she still hangs out with me.

"C'mon Izu I gotta tell you about the new guy!"

I grab my notebook and flip to her page. "So what kind of person is he? Is he something like a demon or something more out there?"

(Y/n): "I'm not really sure. I mean he has horns and wears a suit with an overcoat. I'm not sure what he is but he has around the same power level as Kimi-chan."

"Woah really? Are you sure?" I question her as I write down this new information.

(Y/n): "Maybe a little stronger? I did pretty quick work with the robots during the exam." She looked down at her hands.

"Hey, I've meaning to ask you. Are you okay?" When I asked her that she fell silent. I can tell her answer was a 'no.'

(Y/n): "It's... I don't actually know. I've been feeling cold even though I could be wearing a jacket and I had a dream recently." She paused, she looked like she wanted to say something. "I was being choked by this choker around my neck. I couldn't breathe." She held a hand up to her neck remembering the experience. "I started losing my vision from lack of oxygen but then..."

"Then what (Y/n)? What happened next?" I was concerned and interested about her dream. I feel bad that she had that kind of dream at all. It sounds horrible yet so metaphoric at the same time. She felt like she couldn't speak or breathe when she saw Kacchan with that Kamiya girl. I hated seeing her like that, the look in her eyes were indescribable. She blushed as she spoke her next few words.

(Y/n): "You saved me. You ripped the choker off and I saw you."

I saved her? Me? 

Author's note: Okumura Kuragari (meaning: darkness) Your new spiritual pal looks a little something like this:

Thank you for reading! Tell me what you think in the comments and vote on your favorite chapters! ~Author-chan