(Ch.7) Quirk Evaluations

Previously: "Uh okay," I take the ball from him and looked back at my classmates, "could you all please cover you ears? I don't wanna hurt you guys." Everyone looked at each other and Bakugo spoke up.

Baku: "Just do it!" He yells as he and Izuku cover their ears.

I take a deep breath and...

Now:

     The scream that had exploded from my body was a satisfying one, but it was also extremely loud. So loud that I shook the trees from 100 meters away. Aizawa sensei checked my score and it was the highest thus far. He and the rest of the class was amazed or shocked, except for Bakugo since he knows how powerful my voice is from me yelling at him. One time I got so mad I accidentally made his ears bleed, of course, I felt horrible but he somehow forgave me.

     I walk back in line and observe everyone else take their turn. When it came to Izuku I didn't know what to expect. When I saved him from falling, his arm and legs were broken which was crazy. I asked him what happened after he was fixed up by Recovery Girl and he said that it was his quirk. Giving it thought, he was a late bloomer and his quirk could be a rare mutation but the quirk is too similar to All Might's.

     There's something missing, but what could it be? My thoughts were interrupted with Izuku making a weak throw and looking confused. That's odd, did he forget to activate his quirk? Aizawa Sensei spoke up. "I erased your quirk. From what I can tell, you can't control your quirk can you? Do you intend to become incapacitated again and have someone save you?"

      I blush and look down hearing him say that. "T-that's not my intention-", Sensei grabs Izu and brings him closer with his scarf. "Izuku Midorya. With your power, you can't become a hero." Once again, he was told the exact same thing. Even with a quirk, he's still told that he can't achieve his greatest dream.

     Sensei puts him down and tells him to throw his ball. He looked defeated as he picked it up. I couldn't see his face but I could feel his determination, he threw the ball and a gust of wind propelled the ball like a home run in a baseball game. I got goosebumps from how amazing it felt to see him with no major injuries. I smiled wide and had to stop myself from squealing, I was so happy that he could control it.

     Until I saw his finger, that's better most of his body though. Sensei smiled as well which suited him, he should smile more often.

Bakugo's POV

     What the actual fuck?! He's had a quirk this entire fucking time?! How was he able to keep this a secret ever since we were kids?!?! I turned to see what (Y/n) thought about it, she looks overjoyed?! How is she not mad at him for lying to her all these years?!
I walk towards Deku but I was stopped by Sensei. Damn it, let me question the bastard!

~after evaluation~

     I'm not going home! Yay! But Izuku is in last place, Sensei wouldn't actually expelled him just for evaluation. Would he?

Aizawa: "I was kidding about the expulsion thing, everyone is fine. I just said that so you would give it your all."

Both Izuku and I sighed in relief. "Hey (Y/n), do you have a second? I wanna have a talk with you." I look up to see Bakugo, "Yeah, okay." I say, trying my best to be somewhat normal around him. I follow him to a secluded area after looking at Izuku with a nervous expression.

Bakugo: "I know I'm not someone you're comfortable talking with, but set that aside for right now. What do you think about Deku?"

     "Uh, well he's nice and genuine if that's-"

Bakugo: "I mean about his quirk, (Y/n). I think he's been lying to us since elementary school."

     "Why would he  do that? He'd only lie in order to protect those close to him. I think he was just a late bloomer, although his quirk is different from his parents it could be a rare mutation. I won't pry into his life unless he allows me to." He was silent for a bit while looking at me.

Bakugo: "Are you okay? I know I hurt you."

     A pang of sadness and shock shot through me. "I-I've been better but I'm doing okay." I say while looking away from him. Tears start forming and I wipe them away quickly so I can hide myself from. I looked back towards him but my eyes fixated on my feet. "I don't know what I did for you to leave me like that, but I realized that I would get on your case a lot and that's probably why you left so I kinda deserv-"

Bakugo: "You didn't... not like that." He started walking away and I let him. I'll have time when I come home.

~Home~

     "I didn't deserve the unspoken break up? Then what did I deserve? What was he supposed to do? Why did he leave in the first place? Why did it have to be Kamiya...? She always acted like she was better than everyone else, even when we were kids! Why pick a damn narcissist? Well, he does have a gnarly ego so it isn't that hard to believe. I know I'm not the best looking person in the world but it's not fair to do that. It hurts... a lot." My hand clasps the fabric of my shirt when I thought of how Bakugo and Kamiya together. The ache was strong and agonizing, tears welled up in my eyes as I let out a sigh. "My first love gone, but will there be another? I don't know, only time will tell if my romantic solitude will come to an end.... God I sound like freakin Hamlet. At least I can speak to him. Now all I have to do is get used to seeing him and my bitch of a cousin." I put on my pajamas so that I can sleep comfortably for tomorrow's classes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's right! Kamiya Yumi is your cousin and she became a homewrecker. What else lies in-store for (Y/n) and her journey through recovery and growth? Here is what your annoying ass cousin looks like! That's all for now, see ya later!

 What else lies in-store for (Y/n) and her journey through recovery and growth? Here is what your annoying ass cousin looks like! That's all for now, see ya later!