Hurt (Ch. 1)

Hello, before we begin I'd like to make y'all aware that this is my first Deku x reader! I'll accept any critique on my writing. Have fun! ~Author-Chan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know you are all excited about your entrance exams but you'll need to study hard."

The teacher says this as the class goes crazy, along with my boyfriend Bakugo, "I'm gonna be the first student to be accepted into UA!" His hands ignite in excitement while I see Deku quietly raising his hand, I wonder what for.

"Oh yeah, Midorya, L/n, don't you two wanna go to UA as well?"

The class immediately falls silent. Uh oh, this won't be good. The expressive blonde looks like he just about snapped, meanwhile the entire class starts laughing. Jeez, I've always hated seeing Mido being bullied or humiliated. Ever since we were kids he'd be made fun of no matter what he did.

"You wanna act like a hero? You don't stand a chance without a quirk, Deku."

I heard Bakugo say this to Midorya one day in elementary school. Why did he have to be so mean? Midorya was protecting a fellow classmate from Bakugo's wrath. I watched as they charged him with their quirks. Midorya gasped in fear, he shouldn't have to be scared. The next thing I knew my legs started to move before I could think. I had Mido behind me and I screeched blowing them away. I didn't have good control over my quirk back then.

"That's enough! He hasn't done anything but help others who need it! So why be mean!?"

Baku looks at me angrily with pink dusted on his cheeks, "Whatever, c'mon let's play somewhere else." He leaves me, Mido, and the bullied kid alone. I turn to Izu and check if he's alright, "He didn't hurt you did he? I came just in time, didn't I?" I give him a small smile.

Hmhm, I still remember the star-struck look on his face when I helped him. I was pulled out of my memories when I heard Baku speak. "You're worst than all of these other rejects, hell you might even die during the exam!"

"Katsuki! Stop it, that's horrible!"

"Why the hell are you budding in?!"

"Because he's my friend dummy!"

"I don't care who your friends are, I'll do whatever I want!" I sigh and try not to let my emotions get the best of me. He's more aggressive towards me than usual, that doesn't make any sense. He'd usually be quiet and avoid my gaze whenever I'd tell him he was out of line. Why is he like that all of a sudden? I'll ask him after class, we're supposed to study at his place for the exam anyway.

~time skip~

As I pick up my belongings to head out with Bakugo, I hear him talking to Izuku again. Can't he let him breathe?

"We're not finished talking Deku..." His clique comes up behind him as potential backup, like he would ever need it anyway. He picks up a book of some sort, wait, he's holding Mido's journal! His two friends ask him what he's holding and Izuku looks extremely nervous.

"H-hey, uh, p-please give that back."

"Uh, Baku, what are you doing with Izu's journal- ah!" He holds it between his hands burns it!

"Aauh!!" Midorya freaks out as much as I do. Baku then THROWS IT OUT THE WINDOW?!

"Bakugo! What the hell?!"

"Shut it pipsqueak, I've had enough of you nagging me. And as for you," he turns to Izu, "don't even think about applying to UA, got it?" He says it with a sinister smile as he sears Mido's uniform. Pip...squeak? He never makes fun of my height like that, he'd called me shorty but never pipsqueak. As he leaves, he makes sure to tell Izuku to go kill himself... I have no words for what just happened. I feel sick as I peek out the door and... he's kissing someone ... else?

(Deku's POV)

Kacchan was just the worst today. I sigh and get the rest of my things before I go fetch my notebook. I look up and I see (Y/n), but is she shaking? I walk up to her and I see what she's been staring at. It was Kacchan, he was with another girl and she was one of the popular ones at that. I didn't think he would actually be the kind of person to do that.

"(Y-y/n)? Are you okay?" She looks down at the floor, her eyes still filled with shock and disbelief. I hate seeing her like this, she doesn't deserve it. "Hey, l-let's get you home o-okay?" I hold out my hand for her, just like when we were kids. Whenever she would get overwhelmed I'd stay by her side until she stopped crying. She looks at my hand and I see comfort wash over her. She takes my hand and I walk out with her as she trails behind me. After a few minutes she speaks in a soft but broken voice.

"Izuku..."

"Y-yeah? What is it (Y/n)?"

"We should get your journal... I think it's this way..." She starts pulling me toward the direction she's headed. I had completely forgotten about my notebook, I guess I was too focused on trying to helping her out. As we walk I hear small hiccups as if someone was crying. I realized it was the sweet girl in front of me. "Auh, (y-y/n)!" She drops to her knees and starts sobbing. Her quirk is somewhat activating as she cries. The trees shake as if they're crying with her. Why would Kacchan leave her in such a cold heart-ed way? He knows she has ADHD and he knows how much this would hurt her. He knows how hard it is to keep her emotions in check as much as anyone, so why?

(Your POV)

It hurts. I can't stop crying. Why would he leave me like that? What did I do wrong? We were supposed to study at his place. Was I not worthy of coming to his house? I feel like I can't breathe. My head, my chest, everything hurts and I feel so cold. All of a sudden, I feel warmth and smell the scent of something sweet. I open my eyes and I see the yellow backpack I always spot Mido wearing. I hug back tightly and I cry harder in his arms. He caresses the back of my head bringing me closer.

"I'm right here (y/n), I need you to breathe. Can you take a deep breathe for me?" I nod and take a deep shaky breath.

"Good, I want you to keep taking deep breathes until you feel calm." I do as he says, and we stay like this for while. I can feel his heart beat, it's strong and calm. I can breathe normally again and he looks at my face. He gives me a smile, the same one that I would give him when I would help save him from Bakugo. I've never realized how pretty Izuku's eyes were. We're so close, I can feel his breathe on my face. My face start to flush and so does his.

(Both POV)

OMG WE WERE SO CLOSE!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for finishing the first chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed. Write in the comments and tell me what you guys think. Thanks again!
~Author-chan