☔︎︎Chapter seven: you are not a God☔︎︎

Start from the beginning

Almost everyone takes out a pen to write that down, everyone except him of course and that's when Mr Kingston says, "pride is the mask of one's own faults Mr Vlàcov, you might want to swallow yours and write that down. Blythe what are your thoughts?" He asks gesturing to her.

"I think that at the end of the day we're all praying at the feet of the same 'God' or divine energy. I believe there's something out there, I don't know what or who but it's definitely out there and we as human kind rely on it for guidance and further enlightenment. So let me be Switzerland here and say that I agree with both Klaus and Nadya, Some individual religions will surely die out, but religion as an institution will continue. It's incredibly resilient and serves some human needs that aren't as easily served by anything else." Blythe concludes twirling a loose strand of her hair between her fingers,

"She's got a good point." I compliment.

"Perhaps I spot a bias, are you religious Nadya?" He urged me, his silver eyes twinkling with mischief,"do you find yourself praying to your savior every night when no one's watching?"

"Religion is not encouraged in the Warsaw Pact under communist countries." I answer dodging his question,

"Are you feeble-minded?" He insulted leaning back and folding his arms, "that's not what I asked."

"Shut up." I seethed, he was getting on my last nerves, "what does it matter what I believe or which God I pray to, people like you and I will never know heaven regardless."

"I've heard you speaking for less than fifteen minutes and I already sick of you." Niklaus spites so only I can hear him, and I bet Sade does too.

But she doesn't say anything, not this time.

"Poor Cinderella," I tisk in disapproval, "choking before you get to balls already?"

"I never choke." He retaliates but his expression remins slightly stunned at my resilience, something tells me he's used to getting his way.

"Looks like you've met your match Nik." Rune shrugs next to him tossing a playful grin at his scorned companion.

I left philosophy as quickly as I'd arrived, who the hell did that Niklaus guy think he was anyway? I wasn't going to be pushed around and made a plaything of on my first day. I made my way to my next class which was math, which was always easy for me and came as naturally as breathing. My teacher Miss Bridges was really nice and her kindness was refreshing after the absolute chaos that was first period philosophy.

We worked through some simple geometry and when I was the first one to finish early and complete the second exercise she told me that she'd made the decision to move me to honors mathematics. When I made my way there I had a completely different teacher, he was stoic, plain and boring.

He explained what he needed to, leaving no room for follow up questions- not that anyone in the room needed it they all seemed fine. I recognized Rune, Klaus and Blythe from first period. They all sat together in the corner in silence, but every time I glanced in their direction they looked away and I could tell they were talking about me.

But like I'd said I wasn't here to make friends I was here to learn what I needed to in order to get information about their parents to my father in Moscow.

The very second math was over I was starving and I made my way into the fancy cafeteria and bought a €5 cold cut turkey sandwich which I paired with an apple juice box from the vending machine. Just as I was about to make my way to the little bench outside to eat I heard someone calling my name out to me, it was Sade.

"Nadya!" She called and I stopped in my tracks realizing that I couldn't ignore her even if I tried now "where're you off to come sit with us!"

I walk faster and by the time I'm outside I stumble upon them again, Niklaus and his friends, I didn't know that Blythe was actually one of them. They were hanging out by a very expensive looking car in the parking lot, Rune and Blythe shared a cigarette between them as she sat herself In Klaus's lap. He whispered something in her ear that made her shove his shoulder playfully, she seemed so at ease around him.

They all seemed so out of this world and unbothered, Blythe caught my gaze and she flashed me a glare and shifted out of his lap realizing how shitty it must've looked. I couldn't believe that my first potential friend- and allow me to use that term loosely, was actually probably dating a guy like that.

But I guess I was wrong about her, she's not who I thought she was. She likes to blend in with the crowd I can tell, and that's just not someone I want to know anymore.

"Were you ignoring me just now?" Sade asked almost offended.

"No I just thought I saw something." I said apologetically,

"And what did you see?" She asks suspiciously,

"Nothing I haven't seen before." I reply truthfully taking a bite out of my sandwich.

{_________________☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎________________}

A/N:

Thank you so much for reading as always ily guys, please didn't forget to vote.

THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS SO FAR? <<

Question: what is your love language?

Before I get all the questions NO his name was not inspired by The Originals, I wish it was actually. I miss the vampire diaries so much, idc idc if you ever shipped Elena and Stephan you need to be LOCKED UP. # DELENA4LIFE

See you next chapter!

- Scarlet <3