Chapter 34

Izuku was very fatigued from the previous night. He hadn't gotten more than four hours of sleep and he had walked for about six hours at this point. He kept having these weird, vivid dreams, when he went to recall them all he could picture was bright white. Nothing else. At all.

He was struggling to keep his eyes open and (Y/n) was getting concerned.

"Are you okay?"

She already knew the answer to that question, I mean the looks of him in the moment told her enough, but maybe she could figure out why exactly. Izuku had other plans though, not wanting to worry her too much and preferring to say something else, worried she would stop walking for him.

"I'm just worried about the prophecy"

This seemed to satisfy her curiosity as she sighed out.

"I've been trying not to think about it recently, considering what we're doing right now"

"I know, I couldn't imagine my life without any of you guys to be honest."

She smiled to herself.

"Especially not you"

He made her so happy.

"You make me happy, you know that?"

She made him happy as well.

It was such a mundane phrase that it had become a rarity. It is often depicted that to express true love one needs to speak like a poet, building sentences like palaces, gardens, that often times the most simplest of phrases are the most romantic.

The phrase 'you make me happy' can be used in so many scenarios, and it seems almost childish to proclaim, but in that moment, Izuku blushed. Just like he had countless times before at her comments or teasing.

His heart fluttered in a different way, not one of excitement or adrenaline, but of pure adoration. That was something he would have to tell her later on, that he adored her. He couldn't wait for this to be over, he would tell her everything, compliments would be showered upon her.

He would make her feel loved, because she was.

She took his hand, he had zoned out once again. His mind must have been such a busy place.

She had been so focused on the interlocking of their fingers, she had failed to even notice the fog begin to clear. By the time she looked up the structure was there.

They had made it.